Professional Golf 2024

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Yeah I was fearing the same when I saw the news, he famously talked about his issues with depression didn't he?

Indeed he has. The fella talked openly not just about his battles with mental health, but also his previous treatment for alcoholism. Terribly sad, whatever the circumstances, and the interview yesterday with one of his playing partners was a truly tough watch.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Indeed he has. The fella talked openly not just about his battles with mental health, but also his previous treatment for alcoholism. Terribly sad, whatever the circumstances, and the interview yesterday with one of his playing partners was a truly tough watch.

Family have confirmed that he took his own life. Very sad.

Fore Right

Visit site
So many questions.
The track record of mental heath issues, depression and alcoholism makes me think he may have committed suicide (Just my worst thought, no reporting this has happened and I hope im wrong for his family)

But then he pulled out of the tournament citing illness which leaves so many unknowns for a 30 year old guy to lose his life a short while after.

Just a horrible tragedy whatever the circumstances.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
So many questions.
The track record of mental heath issues, depression and alcoholism makes me think he may have committed suicide (Just my worst thought, no reporting this has happened and I hope im wrong for his family)

But then he pulled out of the tournament citing illness which leaves so many unknowns for a 30 year old guy to lose his life a short while after.

It’s already been reported that he took his own life

Golfnut1957

Visit site
So many questions.

Post 987 above.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Sorry to hear Lexi is gonna retire at the end of the season and not quite 30yrs old

Seems a career on the LPGA is often a lot shorter than PGAT (i.e Michelle Wie already retired, even Lydia wants out as soon as she clinches a HoF spot)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear Lexi is gonna retire at the end of the season and not quite 30yrs old

Seems a career on the LPGA is often a lot shorter than PGAT (i.e Michelle Wie already retired, even Lydia wants out as soon as she clinches a HoF spot)
You say shorter, but both of those players started on tour so young. Lexi is 29, surprised the heck out of me, but has been on tour for 15 years. Michelle Wie's first pro tournament was at age 12 😳

Similar to tennis, I can't help but feel that allowing young girls, I use girl deliberately, to play on tour professionally whilst in their mid teens is not good for their long term physical or mental health.

They wont look at it, they like the pr from it, but they should.