Professional Golf 2024

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Some noise about whether the offending hole (12th) has been set up to be too hard...
Just had a quick look through some early scores and it seems many players are making par and there's been at least 1 birdie...
Nelly just had a brain fart..it happens...
Look at the whole field's scores on the 12th at Augusta...there's almost always a b8g number somewhere....
Can’t believe Nelly had a BrianM 🤣🤣🤣

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It can get to a point where the course set up is just stupid.
Plenty of them have made pars, some birdies....
Nelly hit a poor tee shot, ended up in the back bunker
Came out flat and running..needed height to stop - didn't stop
To then put 2 more in the drink is just poor play..simple as that
If it had been a nobody from nowhere then nobody would be talking about it..
Golf is hard....its supposed to be tough for the best in the world

sunshine

Visit site
I saw the news that Lexi was retiring but I didn't hear anything as to the reason why she would retire so young. What's she going to do instead? Seems a bit odd.

Tennis player Danielle Collins , currently ranked no 10 in the world, also just announced her retirement. She said she wants to start a family, and spending half her life in hotels is not compatible with that.

I know tennis and golf aren’t the same from an athletic perspective but there are a lot of similarities in the lifestyle.

sunshine

Visit site
Tennis player Danielle Collins , currently ranked no 10 in the world, also just announced her retirement. She said she wants to start a family, and spending half her life in hotels is not compatible with that.

I know tennis and golf aren’t the same from an athletic perspective but there are a lot of similarities in the lifestyle.

To add the other side of this: Catriona Matthew won her only major, the British Open, 3 months after having a baby. Don’t know how she did that.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Just a word about the wonderfully named Asterisk Talley in the Women's US Open (course length 6,659 yards).

She's +1 after 2 rounds leaving her currently 3 shots back. That included an 8 on the par 5 seventh hole. But for that she'd be tied at the top.

She's 15 and unsurprisingly is very highly rated.

D-S

Visit site
Just a word about the wonderfully named Asterisk Talley in the Women's US Open (course length 6,659 yards).

She's +1 after 2 rounds leaving her currently 3 shots back. That included an 8 on the par 5 seventh hole. But for that she'd be tied at the top.

She's 15 and unsurprisingly is very highly rated.
I'm sure there is a Taylor Gooch joke in here somewhere about there being an Asterisk in this the US Ladies Open as he can't play in it - but can't be bothered to make it.

Gopher

Club Champion
Visit site
Rory, oh dear...

10th hole at the Canadian Open. He drives it 300 yards with a 3 wood, leaving 78 yards to the hole.

Pitches it short on a severely sloping back to front green and fringe, then watches the ball spin back 50 yards towards him. Now left with 49 yard 3rd shot and makes bogie.

We all make mistakes, but surely... he's a world class player. What's his caddie telling him? His playing partner, a Mr Taylor Pendrith made birdie.

Schoolboy error. Maybe time for a new caddie....? Or too many beers last night?

Edit: ok, on the 12th he drove it 342 yards and made an easy birdie 🙄

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Rory, oh dear...

10th hole at the Canadian Open. He drives it 300 yards with a 3 wood, leaving 78 yards to the hole.

Pitches it short on a severely sloping back to front green and fringe, then watches the ball spin back 50 yards towards him. Now left with 49 yard 3rd shot and makes bogie.

We all make mistakes, but surely... he's a world class player. What's his caddie telling him? His playing partner, a Mr Taylor Pendrith made birdie.

I mean, I agree he could do with a better caddy.

But, I wouldn't use one hole at the Canadian Open as the final piece of evidence that this is needed. Absolutely every player makes those sorts of mistakes once in a while.

I didn't see the hole, but from what you describe, I don't think Rory needed a caddy to tell him there was a steep slope at front of green?

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Rory, oh dear...

Definitely needs a new caddie. A professional one who went to caddie college!