Professional Golf 2024

Morfeen75

Visit site
What an amazing performance from Rab McIntyre to win yesterday with his old man on the bag too. Sport gives us incredibly emotional moments from time to time, the interview at the end was a real tear jerker. I seen a video of him face timing his mum telling her, her mortgage will be paid off. He seeems like a down to earth boy

The Lion

Visit site
I think nly the third Scot to win a PGA Tour Event.

Many more than that actually. In the modern era alone…

Sandy Lyle
Paul Lawrie
Martin Laird
Russell Knox

Plus many more from the bygone interwar era, when Scots professionals left for a better life in the US.

Those of this crop who won the most include:

Tommy Armour
Macdonald Smith
Willie Macfarlane
Bobby Cruickshank
Jock Hutchison

These are just those in double figures from what I can gather. There are more…

The Lion

Visit site
Great maiden PGA Tour win by Scotland’s young superstar in the making Bob MacIntyre.

After his strong showing at the PGA, hopefully this is the start of great things for him, with luck including major win(s) and derring do Ryder Cup performances 👏

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Paul Lawrie
The Lawrie one is an odd one to me. You, and others, have quite rightly pointed out that it is classed as a PGA tour win but in my head a PGA tournament is on the other side of the pond, bringing with it the difficulties of playing on that tour. Now, The Open is a major and so has far more value than a PGA tour win. It's different.

It should really read, Majors, PGA wins, European Tour wins (DP World Tour now). Majors are out on their own.

Lawrie had a superb career imo incidentally, my post is not trying to decry him.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Sandy Lyle
Paul Lawrie
Martin Laird
Russell Knox

Plus many more from the bygone interwar era, when Scots professionals left for a better life in the US.

Those of this crop who won the most include:

Tommy Armour
Macdonald Smith
Willie Macfarlane
Bobby Cruickshank
Jock Hutchison

These are just those in double figures from what I can gather. There are more…
And a wee bit further back.
Willie Anderson from Archerfield won four US Opens in five years

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's usually a quite fast player, I think he was feeling the pressure last night.

Great to see him get the win, secure a Tour card for the next 2 and a bit seasons and gets into the signature event next week.
Maybe it was something to do with him having his dad on the bag and he had to calculate his own yardages. He was even drying and cleaning his own clubs and grips at times.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe it was something to do with him having his dad on the bag and he had to calculate his own yardages. He was even drying and cleaning his own clubs and grips at times.
Heaven forbid that any player should have to do that while making the stroke in 40 or 50 seconds and still keep up to the group in front!

The Lion

Visit site
The Lawrie one is an odd one to me. You, and others, have quite rightly pointed out that it is classed as a PGA tour win but in my head a PGA tournament is on the other side of the pond, bringing with it the difficulties of playing on that tour. Now, The Open is a major and so has far more value than a PGA tour win. It's different.

It should really read, Majors, PGA wins, European Tour wins (DP World Tour now). Majors are out on their own.

Lawrie had a superb career imo incidentally, my post is not trying to decry him.

Yes I get that. It does count though, and obviously The Open is much harder to win than any PGA Tour event, especially when held at Carnoustie.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Heaven forbid that any player should have to do that while making the stroke in 40 or 50 seconds and still keep up to the group in front!
Or maybe being in the Final Group in his maiden season on the PGA Tour we can cut him or anyone else a bit slack if they are a bit slower on the day, they aren’t holding anyone up.🤷‍♂️

The win could be life changing for him or anyone else in his position, the “clock” rubbish should be binned on the final day.

D-S

Visit site
Or maybe being in the Final Group in his maiden season on the PGA Tour we can cut him or anyone else a bit slack if they are a bit slower on the day, they aren’t holding anyone up.🤷‍♂️

The win could be life changing for him or anyone else in his position, the “clock” rubbish should be binned on the final day.
Really? 7 hour rounds ok on the final day?

wjemather

Visit site

Absolutely not. The rules must be applied objectively and in the same way for everyone, irrespective of the day of the week, the player's tour status, position in the tournament, tee time, etc.

Also, even in the final group of the day, slow players hold their playing partners up.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Absolutely not. The rules must be applied objectively and in the same way for everyone, irrespective of the day of the week, the player's tour status, position in the tournament, tee time, etc.

Also, even in the final group of the day, slow players hold their playing partners up.
So why weren’t they put on the clock?

Either it wasn’t an issue, or it’s not as important as we believe.

Maybe BiMGuy is right and as he was doing everything himself, checking, re-checking, they cut him some slack.