Professional Golf 2024

Springveldt

Visit site
The tour is already struggling with declining viewing figures, and part of the reason for that is the lack of action and the amount of dead time during broadcasts. Even slower play might just about kill them off.
If you ever get the chance to watch the American broadcast of these events it's absolutely brutal to watch. There are more adverts per hour than golf. At least with SKY they sometimes go back to the studio and you get a bit of filler but the US is just adverts, adverts, adverts.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Should the DPWT be concerned about their position in the mens pro game right now - for me, the tour has lost it's status completely in favour of pulling in a handful of decent fields for a few events.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Should the DPWT be concerned about their position in the mens pro game right now - for me, the tour has lost it's status completely in favour of pulling in a handful of decent fields for a few events.

Yes! What did they get from the deal with the PGAT? The right to lose their 10 best players each year, when finishing in the top ten "rewards" them a card for said tour. And? Nothing else as far as I can see.

If it was me, I'd be looking for a partnership with LIV. If LIV could be persuaded to drop the funky stuff, teams, 54 holes etc, the partnership could become a genuine "World Tour" and with LIV money, become a real worry for Monaghan.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

That’s pretty standard for this period due to the events based in the US and the majors - from April through to June there are 3 US based majors and multiple high level events in the US

Soon we will see the players come back over for

Irish and Scottish Opens , the Open , British Masters, PGA

It’s the same every year with or without LIV

Golfnut1957

Visit site
That’s pretty standard for this period due to the events based in the US and the majors - from April through to June there are 3 US based majors and multiple high level events in the US

Soon we will see the players come back over for

Irish and Scottish Opens , the Open , British Masters, PGA

It’s the same every year with or without LIV
And the other 47 weeks of the year?

D

Deleted member 29109

So, should they be concerned? As per the opening post.
Maybe you could offer an opinion and enlighten us?

The ET has been a second tier feeder tour to the PGAT for 20 years or more. It’s probably now behind the Korn Ferry apart from 4 or 5 events.

Why are people suddenly surprised 🤷🏼‍♂️

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
You wonder if Wyndham Clark is looking forward to defending US Open, with MC at the 2 majors this year and another at the memorial. Still, strange game, can turn around in a flash.