Professional Golf 2024

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Think you'll find the market has always been there.

There has always been a restricted market mate, it's well evidenced that the older demographic were the ones watching golf, but that doesn't fairly represent that those that have an interest in the game.
When the sport is pretty much 100% behind a paywall, that's not good.

Thankfully we are seeing that change now.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Am struggling to recall a year previously with so many rounds affected by weather (or other factors).
Might be shorter to list those tournaments unaffected 🤔

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
How awful. I’m 30 and have struggled with mental health. Apparently Grayson had well publicised battles. RIP

Just been reading up on it - issues with alcohol and depression but after winning in Jan was walking about how his life was turned around and due to get married soon

Very sad and it’s awful when it’s someone so young

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is unbelievably sad. I wonder what illness it was that he's playing golf one minute, withdraws feeling ill and the next day he's no longer with us. Shocking news. ☹️

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is unbelievably sad. I wonder what illness it was that he's playing golf one minute, withdraws feeling ill and the next day he's no longer with us. Shocking news. ☹️
With the vagary around “passed away” and just saying “has died” in so many of the reports, a WD after being +5 on the round through 16, and his history of depression/alcoholism, we could make some inferences.

Just a very sad situation.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
With the vagary around “passed away” and just saying “has died” in so many of the reports, a WD after being +5 on the round through 16, and his history of depression/alcoholism, we could make some inferences.

Just a very sad situation.
Yeah I was fearing the same when I saw the news, he famously talked about his issues with depression didn't he?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mildly moist in Belgium this morning then......
And I see Thomas Pieters has been to the Tyrell Hatton school of digging up teeing grounds......