Open Competitions 2024

Swango1980

Visit site
We have a mate who goes on Golf Empire to check all Opens within an hour or 2's drive, creates a spreadsheet with them all, cost, format, etc and sends it to about 20 others. We put on our availability, spreadsheet updates live, and then we can all sort out Opens when we know who can play.

First one will be Grimsby on Good Friday.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Between April and October, opens are my primary way of playing golf. I crave variety too much to play the same course over and over again, so 'traditional' golf club membership is not appealing to me. My club offers a membership level that doesn't include any playing rights, so it's very cheap, it just keeps my handicap active which gives me access to the opens. Currently got seven booked for April, May and June; Sleaford, Ruddington, Ormonde Fields, Rushcliffe, Grimsby, Elsham and Matlock. Playing with different sets of friends at each one so it's a great way to catch up. Quality of the course is largely irrelevant (within reason, there is one that I went to last year that I won't be returning to!), the prize table is also irrelevant. Golf Empire is my favourite website! 😁

Last edited: