The Rushcliffe Golf Club

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Played an open at The Rushcliffe (between Nottingham and Loughborough) at the weekend and couldn't have enjoyed it more. I play lots of opens so I think I know what a good one looks like and they nailed it. The course was in superb condition, especially the greens - that's no mean feat given the weather we've had over the past six months. There was an excellent welcome and sign in procedure. They had marshalls buzzing around the course giving the chivvy up to those who needed it, and just making sure everyone was enjoying themselves. The organisers were all blazered up so it made it easy to know who to talk to if you had any questions. Finally, they published the results quickly. At £25 it was an absolute bargain. If you're looking for an open venue in the east midlands then I'd recommend it unreservedly.

Swango1980

Visit site
Played an open at The Rushcliffe (between Nottingham and Loughborough) at the weekend and couldn't have enjoyed it more. I play lots of opens so I think I know what a good one looks like and they nailed it. The course was in superb condition, especially the greens - that's no mean feat given the weather we've had over the past six months. There was an excellent welcome and sign in procedure. They had marshalls buzzing around the course giving the chivvy up to those who needed it, and just making sure everyone was enjoying themselves. The organisers were all blazered up so it made it easy to know who to talk to if you had any questions. Finally, they published the results quickly. At £25 it was an absolute bargain. If you're looking for an open venue in the east midlands then I'd recommend it unreservedly.
Some blind shots though. Got to be careful, as there may be a slightly increased danger of getting struck by a golf ball......