Opens 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Me and my mate are looking at doing at least one a month But I think we need to pull our fingers out and actually get them booked.

So far we've got one at Stockport in July and we're looking at entering the Rotary Open at Silloth in July. Fingers will be on the trigger on Monday when booking for that goes live.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for the NW, preferably weekends or Fridays?
Take a look at Greengolf events, they cover a lot of north west courses on thur, fri and Sundays. Great courses, great value and a great bunch of blokes.

Boomy

Visit site
I’ve entered the Southport Coast Links Championship in August. A 5 day Amateur stableford Mens Championship. The 6 Venues are Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Hesketh Golf Club, West Lancashire Golf Club, Hillside Golf Club (Mon - Thur) with the Grand Final on Friday at Royal Birkdale for the top 12 qualifiers and Formby Ladies Club for everyone else ?

A few of us have also entered an open at West Lancs in April. Then in June an open at Pleasington on the Sunday, followed by an open at Royal Liverpool on the Monday ?

We are also planning to play the Rotary open at Silloth.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I’ve entered the Southport Coast Links Championship in August. A 5 day Amateur stableford Mens Championship. The 6 Venues are Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Hesketh Golf Club, West Lancashire Golf Club, Hillside Golf Club (Mon - Thur) with the Grand Final on Friday at Royal Birkdale for the top 12 qualifiers and Formby Ladies Club for everyone else ?

A few of us have also entered an open at West Lancs in April. Then in June an open at Pleasington on the Sunday, followed by an open at Royal Liverpool on the Monday ?

We are also planning to play the Rotary open at Silloth.

I've seen that southport links championship advertised and it looks absolutely incredible. If you don't mind me asking, how far in advance did you have to book onto it? Probably not one for this year but its definitely something I want to do in the future!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Take a look at Greengolf events, they cover a lot of north west courses on thur, fri and Sundays. Great courses, great value and a great bunch of blokes.

I actually ended up on their website earlier during my search, looks like a great setup. Bolton Old Links is a course I've always fancied playing so will probably try and get on that if possible.

Boomy

Visit site
I've seen that southport links championship advertised and it looks absolutely incredible. If you don't mind me asking, how far in advance did you have to book onto it? Probably not one for this year its definitely something I want to do in the future!

No probs at all, it does look incredible I agree, really looking forward to it.

I entered as soon as it opened, which was just after the 2021 event finished in August. I’m led to believe it sells out with a reserve list so defo worth getting on it quickly to guarantee a space. Project Birkdale is my main goal for next year, to qualify for the final ??‍♂️

Link to a video of last years event ?
https://fb.watch/7ClvXgcjo_/

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Me and my mate are looking at doing at least one a month But I think we need to pull our fingers out and actually get them booked.

So far we've got one at Stockport in July and we're looking at entering the Rotary Open at Silloth in July. Fingers will be on the trigger on Monday when booking for that goes live.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for the NW, preferably weekends or Fridays?
Have a look on the Maxitoursgolf.com Tim has a few on a Friday.
Very well run tour.
Was free to join not sure now but Tim will fill you in .
Mostly NW based clubs really good value.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
?
If we weren't the host County I'd probably not go either as can get very hard an d bouncy in the summer.
Yup will be going down to Gog Magog for the Pairs, 8 of us will do an overnighter with practice round day before.
Do you play any games for the County?
I'm afraid I'm not good enough for county golf, though I did get a couple of friendly games a few years ago.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Booked the Moray Open again. Enjoyed myself so much last year thought I'd give it a go again this year, and perhaps if there are fewer Covid restrictions then a few more of the "social" events around the comp might be held.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have a look on the Maxitoursgolf.com Tim has a few on a Friday.
Very well run tour.
Was free to join not sure now but Tim will fill you in .
Mostly NW based clubs really good value.

Agree with Maxitours. It's extremely well run and played across very nice courses. For circa 25 quid a man (course dependant) it's a bargain.

I'm off to Portugal next week with his overseas trip. Hoping for some ?

Solidthreeputt

Visit site
No probs at all, it does look incredible I agree, really looking forward to it.

I entered as soon as it opened, which was just after the 2021 event finished in August. I’m led to believe it sells out with a reserve list so defo worth getting on it quickly to guarantee a space. Project Birkdale is my main goal for next year, to qualify for the final ??‍♂️

Link to a video of last years event ?
https://fb.watch/7ClvXgcjo_/
Played in it last year... finished 11th ? but the highlight of my year. Awesome week, going again this year with some friends!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Booked Sherwood Forest individual seniors. Were only three slots left when booked on the day it went live. Played there a couple of years ago and its a cracking course.

Boomy

Visit site
Don’t forget The Opens 2022 @ Silloth - entry now open ⛳️ And booking up quickly by the looks of it ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️