Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Today, I booked early season pairs opens at:
Hartlepool
Hornsea
Bradford
York (Strensall)
Brancepeth Castle
THAT.... is a very fine collection of courses, at, I would guess, very reasonable prices.
York would top it, I'd think, at perhaps £35/£40 a man.
Hornsea the best in E Yorks.(edit.... coast) keeping Ganton out of it. :oops:
Well done!!

Last edited:

The Fader

Visit site
THAT.... is a very fine collection of courses, at, I would guess, very reasonable prices.
York would top it, I'd think, at perhaps £35/£40 a man.
Hornsea the best in E Yorks.
Well done!!

Spot on!

York was £32.50pp - the most expensive!

Total Bill was £111.50pp for the 5 events

Even accepting the courses won't be at their absolute best in the spring - I feel that is superb value for money.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Brancepeth Castle
May 26th? I'm playing that one, barely worth you putting a card in 😉. I've played it for the last 3 years then. Course has been in great condition each time. If you haven't played it before, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Be ready for the grin when you walk on the tee box for the first of the signature par 3's.

At £19, it's fabulous value.

D-S

Visit site
Just entered a team open at Tiverton. Not played there before, looks interesting!
Nice course although not very good in the wet. Some interesting holes with good elevation changes though not hilly. Easy access off the motorway on your way to Saunton too. Enjoy.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
St Andrews New (over Jubilee) Seniors booked for August, also likely Fraserburgh & Forres same week. Braemar seniors in September. Be more to come but a few not done their schedules yet. Looking likely I won't play any weekend Men's opens again this year, last year my first time ever, just played senior events.

What I did notice last year, and friends who've also just jumped the age barrier confirm they've seen the same, etiquette amongst the old crowd is appallingly bad, I'm very very surprised

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
St Andrews New (over Jubilee) Seniors booked for August, also likely Fraserburgh & Forres same week. Braemar seniors in September. Be more to come but a few not done their schedules yet. Looking likely I won't play any weekend Men's opens again this year, last year my first time ever, just played senior events.

What I did notice last year, and friends who've also just jumped the age barrier confirm they've seen the same, etiquette amongst the old crowd is appallingly bad, I'm very very surprised
i played a load the first year id turned 55, but the next year was far more selective. all the mens events id played previously had had a gross prize, loads of the seniors didn't so after a few low gross scores i got nothing for any i have been far more selective. But back working full time so going back to mens events

The Fader

Visit site
May 26th? I'm playing that one, barely worth you putting a card in 😉. I've played it for the last 3 years then. Course has been in great condition each time. If you haven't played it before, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Be ready for the grin when you walk on the tee box for the first of the signature par 3's.

At £19, it's fabulous value.

Yes, that's the one! Never played there before. Picked up on it due to the overwhelming positivity read on this forum.

RangeRat

Visit site
I usually play in quite a few, mainly Midlands but some further afield;

Northants County
Sutton Coldfield
Stratford on Avon
Edgbaston
Enville
Sherwood Forest
Robin Hood

All nice courses, plus some England Golf Seniors Comps.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve been dragged into playing a 4 man scramble at Ely in May. Shortly after which I will be posting in the golf irritations thread.

Kilbey

Visit site
I usually play in quite a few, mainly Midlands but some further afield;

Northants County
Sutton Coldfield
Stratford on Avon
Edgbaston
Enville
Sherwood Forest
Robin Hood

All nice courses, plus some England Golf Seniors Comps.
You must be near me. Where's your home club?

NearHull

Visit site
I’ve been dragged into playing a 4 man scramble at Ely in May. Shortly after which I will be posting in the golf irritations thread.
Irritated by the format and not the course , I hope. Ely is a good course, you can see the Cathedral from many holes.

NearHull

Visit site
Yes, the format not the course. I’ve played the course many times. It’s ok.
We used to live on the edge of the Fens (Warboys) until I retired. We could see Ely Cathedral on the horizon from our garden. I used to tell my visitors that people on top of the Cathedral used to say ‘ I can see NearHull’s house from here’.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We used to live on the edge of the Fens (Warboys) until I retired. We could see Ely Cathedral on the horizon from our garden. I used to tell my visitors that people on top of the Cathedral used to say ‘ I can see NearHull’s house from here’.
I’m driving through Warboys a lot at the minute due to flooding at Erith.

NearHull

Visit site
I’m driving through Warboys a lot at the minute due to flooding at Erith.
One of the first areas to flood if I remember. I did consider buying in Erith when we moved into the area in 2001, it seemed a pleasant village - thankfully we didn’t do so.