Opens 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bobthesock

Visit site
Just seen the scratch tournament is a ballot, any idea what this is likely to be? Don't want to get my hopes up by putting my name down and missing out by 5 shots ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Haha sorry, silloth
It is for Cumbria Master Golfer which they class as aGreen Jacket event. It played over 8/10 courses throughout the year with the winner going to Woodhall Spa in September. All the County Players tend to play with the best off around +4. I realise that has not answered your question but if you contact the secretary Alan Oliver he should be able to provide you with the information. Tel 016973 31304. He is an extremely helpful guy.

Bobthesock

Visit site
It is for Cumbria Master Golfer which they class as aGreen Jacket event. It played over 8/10 courses throughout the year with the winner going to Woodhall Spa in September. All the County Players tend to play with the best off around +4. I realise that has not answered your question but if you contact the secretary Alan Oliver he should be able to provide you with the information. Tel 016973 31304. He is an extremely helpful guy.
Many thanks for the detailed reply. As I'm off 7 it's very unlikely I'll get in then! Need to get practicing and more chance next year hopefully ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
MENS 36 HOLE SCRATCH OPEN RD1 Rules
This event is a Men's 36 Hole Scratch event played from the Blue tees and will be balloted. Should there be more than 69 entries then the lowest 69 players will be balloted into the event. Any entries that are balloted out of the event will go onto a reserve list.
The ballot will be done soon after the closing date for entries.

The above is taken from Silloth’s web site. We have one at the Club where I play, Ulverston, with a limit of 8. I think it is unlikely as it will probably be oversubscribed. If I played off 7 I would add my name, you have nothing to lose. The downside is you may have a poor tee time depending where you are travelling from.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Opens I've booked are Conwy and SAOL , both 36 holes.

Off to Portugal as I mentioned earlier on a Maxitours trip and have also booked 2 rounds in St Andrews with my brother for April.

Need to reign it in a bit now as it's easy to get giddy in Winter and before i know it I've used too any holidays on golf.

Reactions: Val

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Opens I've booked are Conwy and SAOL , both 36 holes.

Off to Portugal as I mentioned earlier on a Maxitours trip and have also booked 2 rounds in St Andrews with my brother for April.

Need to reign it in a bit now as it's easy to get giddy in Winter and before i know it I've used too any holidays on golf.

Where are you guys playing in St Andrews?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I've got:

Event Name: MASHIE PAIRS FRILFORD HEATH
Event Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
&

Golf Week 2022 - Tuesday Betterball
@ Minchinhampton New on The Cherington Course

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Despite being a little late to the party, I have managed to get 8am for the Rotary at Silloth. Looks like you can ply the day before or after the open for £40 also, I’ll look to get a Friday afternoon round in too if they have any times!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Despite being a little late to the party, I have managed to get 8am for the Rotary at Silloth. Looks like you can ply the day before or after the open for £40 also, I’ll look to get a Friday afternoon round in too if they have any times!

Didn't know that! Food for thought...