Gap year @ 50 total where & what to play ? bucket list 2023

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
July/August is great as options for a 2 week family holiday with multi day golf (freebie for planning school runs being summer holidays)

Forres which is ready to book, Eden (Fingers crossed) Tain is my next option opens in May, Royal Dornach but put off by comments on the 2nd course + Tain seems to be full of good news on review sites

Just need a month by month 3-4 day event :) Newmacher end of Sept (Fri-Sun is an option)

good stuff :) Kenny

Hoping to sign up for the Tom Long myself - must be mad at the ripe old age of 53!

gopher99

Visit site
July/August is great as options for a 2 week family holiday with multi day golf (freebie for planning school runs being summer holidays)

Forres which is ready to book, Eden (Fingers crossed) Tain is my next option opens in May, Royal Dornach but put off by comments on the 2nd course + Tain seems to be full of good news on review sites

Just need a month by month 3-4 day event :) Newmacher end of Sept (Fri-Sun is an option)

good stuff :) Kenny

Don’t be put off playing in the Royal Dornoch comp, I played there this year in September and yes the Struie course isn’t as good as the championship course but in my opinion it’s not a bad course at all. The comp itself is awesome, I played with the previous winner in 2021 and he was a +4 golfer. I learned so much of him in 2 rounds.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Seascale Sat 29th July (top 100 UK) - singles comp for the drive up (little detour freshen the legs up, with Forres starting on the Monday) July is a near perfect golf month just need 11 more that work :)

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Gap year FAIL - break 80 tour - updated list played events with a few left to go NEW courses only.

Bridgnorth May 1st (very wet but nice layout)
Bromborough (Wirral) #36 Late June - loved this track and one of my favourites for 2023 (back in 2024)
Chipping Sodbury #36 July not for me, too many ditches
Sherwood Forest #36 July (up there with the best for me)
Blackpool North Shore (wide open, but 100mph winds made it fun)
Penn didn't suit my mind (which is pretty much lost)
Burton on Trent (originally May, then Late JULY) very wet but a good layout
Seascale EPIC test 50mph winds and heavy rain, course was brill but lots of learning needed. (a 3hr de tour wasn't best idea for Nairn drive)
Forres mens 5 day event (early August) loved the course and the people
St Andrews EDEN - I liked the EDEN played it 6 times the NEW was a killer in the wind. 100% back in 2024 if I get entry.
Hawstone park - WEM bowl #36 2 courses both in good but not amazing.
Eaton, Chester #EatonTalbot #36 loved this layout a bit more freedom for my wild DRIVER / misses greens excellent.

South Herts end of Sept to come and that's the lot for 2023

42 rounds not once did I play to my handicap, had some shocking big numbers. lesson learned I need to know the course to feel at ease.

Scotland was the best two weeks of golf EVER, had found some sort of game.

On the radar for 2024 - 4-5 day opens Cruden Bay, Moray, Eden again 🤞 need ideally one nearer to St Andrews the week before if anyone knows of one. scanned most clubs?

Handicap 3.4 to 6.2 but found Drambuie @ Forres

Hope you all had a better year than me ?