Gap year @ 50 total where & what to play ? bucket list 2023

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
July / August seems to be busy. Moray 4 days 24th July any views on MORAY ? then Forres 5 days from the 31st July again verdict on that course?

D

Deleted member 17920

July / August seems to be busy. Moray 4 days 24th July any views on MORAY ? then Forres 5 days from the 31st July again verdict on that course?
Moray open week is one of the best tournaments in Scotland. Both cracking courses and the tournament is so well run.

Forres is also a cracking course, haven’t played the 5 day open but you will enjoy it for sure.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
See if Woburn still do an open. Stay at The White House in Little Brickhill if they do.
Job done.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If you like foursomes and a challenge then the Tom Long Open @ Minchinhampton GC could be for you. Three rounds of foursomes in a day, playing both of the Minchinhampton GC courses plus the Minchinhampton (Common) course once each, one after the other.

Mind you, and as mentioned elsewhere, I took a 6 month ‘gap’ from work. My job was kept open for me to return to, but as we went travelling for over 4 months to SE Asia, NZ and Australia the wonderful feeling of total disconnect from the stresses and responsibilities of normal day2day work and life made return to work very difficult. In fact I later signed up to be a ‘mentor‘ in a employee run group at work that was created to help those who had been off work for a good long period (for whatever reason) on their return.

That said, whatever you do; wherever you go, and wherever you play, wishing you a stonkingly brilliant gap year.

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I liked Silverdale when we played it this year. Also, Cavendish was great, I notice one of their opens for next year is already almost fully booked, so that's say a lot. Lindrick was my personal fav and is now my 2nd fav course. We will be playing there on the 13th August 2023. I can't wait.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Well done on both counts :)

I played Minchinhampton and the member mentioned this totally left my mind, great reminder. love the set up and never played the OLD yet.

If you like foursomes and a challenge then the Tom Long Open @ Minchinhampton GC could be for you. Three rounds of foursomes in a day, playing both of the Minchinhampton GC courses plus the Minchinhampton (Common) course once each, one after the other.

Mind you, and as mentioned elsewhere, I took a 6 month ‘gap’ from work. My job was kept open for me to return to, but as we went travelling for over 4 months to SE Asia, NZ and Australia the wonderful feeling of total disconnect from the stresses and responsibilities of normal day2day work and life made return to work very difficult. In fact I later signed up to be a ‘mentor‘ in a employee run group at work that was created to help those who had been off work for a good long period (for whatever reason) on their return.

That said, whatever you do; wherever you go, and wherever you play, wishing you a stonkingly brilliant gap year.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Messed up last year, got a call for Lindrick on the Saturday @ 3pm with space for Danny Willet trophy but attitude took over, so said NO hard enough to get in off 3 then I just fail

Cavendish is great played it and loved it. Silverdale is on the radar THANKS

I liked Silverdale when we played it this year. Also, Cavendish was great, I notice one of their opens for next year is already almost fully booked, so that's say a lot. Lindrick was my personal fav and is now my 2nd fav course. We will be playing there on the 13th August 2023. I can't wait.