Olympics - Paris 2024

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasn't that Sky about 13 when she won her first Olympic gold? I'd say they are young.

But, in fairness, skateboarding is for kids :ROFLMAO:

And, by the time they get in their 20's, they are probably struggling to walk after multiple broken bones.

Tony Hawk seems to be doing just fine and he is 56 now.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, after all of the comments on whether it should be there etc, anyone know when the break dancing actually is. I am interested to see it.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The GB men's representative in the skateboarding is 50! He will probably be older than the combined age of the rest of the competitors!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sailing a farce again - seems known that this time of year is not conducive to sailing in Marseilles. Good choice of venue from the organisers (again)!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok, it may be me, but am I alone in starting to think the BBC coverage of the Olympics is a bit crap? Ok, I know they only have a limited (contractual?) ability to show live events - but every time I turn the TV on, it's nearly alway 'talking heads' and 'recaps'. Rarely is any live sport being shown -and when it is, it's only briefly before they go back to 'talking heads'.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Ok, it may be me, but am I alone in starting to think the BBC coverage of the Olympics is a bit crap? Ok, I know they only have a limited (contractual?) ability to show live events - but every time I turn the TV on, it's nearly alway 'talking heads' and 'recaps'. Rarely is any live sport being shown -and when it is, it's only briefly before they go back to 'talking heads'.

We’re hopping between BBC & Eurosport 1&2.

RichA

Visit site
Not alone. I read that they have rights to show 2 events at any one time. It doesn't feel like they're even doing that; just relentless waffle and VTs of various medal hopes growing up.
I don't mind Clare Balding but I've had enough of hearing her voice when I just want to watch sport.

D-S

Visit site
Just found out a couple of days ago that Eurosport has 7 more channels (not just 521, 522 and 523) showing the Olympics on Virgin, channels 563-569.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree about BBC. Okay so they have 2 sports only but for crying out loud show 2 sports. Recap after recap after recap and studio chit chat. Drives me nuts. I'm mainly between Eurosport 1 and 2 with Discovery+ when there's something I specifically want to watch which isn't being broadcast.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

I said a few pages back Radio 5 have it nailed down, bouncing around from event to event so you're just about guaranteed to hear something exciting most of the time. It's a shame the TV can't do something similar instead of endless studio chat and those awful athletes videos they do.

D-S

Visit site
I said a few pages back Radio 5 have it nailed down, bouncing around from event to event so you're just about guaranteed to hear something exciting most of the time. It's a shame the TV can't do something similar instead of endless studio chat and those awful athletes videos they do.
Agreed, 5 live have got the coverage and the tone just right.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Agreed. I love Josh Kerr (would hate him if he wasn't a Brit) but the interview with him is now showing for at least the fourth time that I've seen. Not a word tonight about Daryll Neita. Hope she wins and the BBC scramble around desperately trying to find old footage of her!!

RichA

Visit site
The Norwegian must be feeling a total plonker. Kerr got the silver in the same way as the USA triathlete yesterday.