New best current player never to have won a major

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some of the names mentioned haven't been around long enough for me, Fowler being the clear one who should be winning one soon.

I did think of some of the older Americans, Kuchar, Snedeker for example but then I don't think they have genuinely contended often enough in the majors. As Alliss said last night, "the cash machine that is Matt Kuchar", but he doesn't really threaten in those elite tournaments.

Yup, Westwood for me

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of the names mentioned haven't been around long enough for me, Fowler being the clear one who should be winning one soon.

I did think of some of the older Americans, Kuchar, Snedeker for example but then I don't think they have genuinely contended often enough in the majors. As Alliss said last night, "the cash machine that is Matt Kuchar", but he doesn't really threaten in those elite tournaments.

Yup, Westwood for me

That comment did make me smile. It was quite scathing in an understated sort of way.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yup, Westwood for me

That's a great comment on Kuchar. He sets so many back door top 10 finishes.

I think it was typical the way he backdoored an Olympic medal last summer.

www.thesportingvoice.com
I would say Luke Donald. Had top 10 finishes at all four majors and was even ranked number 1 a few years ago. His game has obviously gone south somewhat lately but when you look at how good he was when he was on top form, I would say he should have won a major.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got to be Rickie Fowler.In top 10 in the world. Been close in all the majors. More likely to win a major than serial bottler Westwood.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Current is Fowler. Best player on either tour by a long stretch never to have won a Major is Westwood.

I don't get the comments about only current as Lee is no longer relevant. He was in the last group out in two Majors in USA last year. Once again at The Masters he's out late on a Sunday afternoon. Sure his clutch putting may stop you from sleeping for days but tee to green I'm not sure there has been anyone (inc. Woods) better over the past 15 years. Oh & yes I am a Westy fan :whistle:

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Rickie at 28 is too young to be the best never to have won it he's got 12 more years before we go that route. Heck Garcia was 37 and just won one.

Westwood it is, following in old Monty's footsteps he is

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Westwood.

And I still think he could do it - ok, you chew your fingernails down to the elbow (until the time to relax eventually comes) But it's not out of the question so I'm not going to stop having my flutter on him yet. And if I can get him at 125/1 like I did in the Masters, then happy days if he does come in.

The younger crowd have some good players without one, but in my mind "best player never to have won one" suggests numerous attempts over many years with chances starting to run out.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Lee Westwood has got to be the biggest name no major winner player on tour but not sure he's good enough nowdays,but saying that a good week and if the putter gets hot I wouldnt right him off :).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Donald was an interesting shout. He's another that definitely had the potential especially as a world #1 but I don't think his game is up t it, certainly on current form at least. Fowler has been close but has age on his side and I think he'll get one at some point