Masters 2023

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just chosen this year's unlucky victims and placed my bets.

Rahm win.
Young, Homa, Zalatoris, Burns and Hoge each ways.
Scheffler first round leader.

AAC

Visit site
I would like to see ( & invested my 50p ) Fleetwood do well, I have also cursed Hatton & Rose with my backing. Schauffle & Thomas too from the foreigners

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just really really want to see Rory do well
Why? Do people actually like him on a personal level? The more tripe he comes out with as the PGA's teacher's pet, the more of a weasel I think he is. If he did finally win the Masters I'd say fair play and applaud him, but I do think it's quite funny when he bottles it.

sjw

Visit site
Why? Do people actually like him on a personal level? The more tripe he comes out with as the PGA's teacher's pet, the more of a weasel I think he is. If he did finally win the Masters I'd say fair play and applaud him, but I do think it's quite funny when he bottles it.

What makes him a weasel? I could understand if he moved to LIV and then started badmouthing the PGA, but I don't think standing up for the PGA when he's always been a part of it makes him a weasel?

Yes, I quite like him, and he should have won more given his ability. That's why I always support him (when I watch professional golf, which admittedly is very rarely)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What makes him a weasel? I could understand if he moved to LIV and then started badmouthing the PGA, but I don't think standing up for the PGA when he's always been a part of it makes him a weasel?

Yes, I quite like him, and he should have won more given his ability. That's why I always support him (when I watch professional golf, which admittedly is very rarely)
He's gone beyond standing up for them, he's appointed himself the mouthpiece of the whole organisation. Having digs at guys he's shared Ryder Cup teams with and saying they're not friends anymore, I think it's a bit pathetic.

D

Deleted member 15344

When did he bottle anything ?

He's gone beyond standing up for them, he's appointed himself the mouthpiece of the whole organisation. Having digs at guys he's shared Ryder Cup teams with and saying they're not friends anymore, I think it's a bit pathetic.

Rory was elected chairman of the PGAT Players , he is prob the main current player on tour so it’s not surprising when he does speak up for the tour

D

Deleted member 15344

Not doing this again. Why does that word trigger you so much? :LOL: Must be a generational thing.

“Trigger” ?

Because it’s pretty poor turn of phrase - just because someone doesn’t win a golf tournament doesn’t mean they “bottle” it

Think I have seen a few players crumble - Norman in 96 and a few times before that , Bjorn , Van D Velde and prob Rory in 2011

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’m going to sign up with Virgin bet to get a couple of free bets.
Then I’m going to back the 3 favourites,surely ones got to give me a run for my money 🤷‍♂️

Pin-seeker

Visit site
As a golfer I like him,but I can’t listen to him talk.
I find him proper cringe 😬

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
“Trigger” ?

Because it’s pretty poor turn of phrase - just because someone doesn’t win a golf tournament doesn’t mean they “bottle” it

Think I have seen a few players crumble - Norman in 96 and a few times before that , Bjorn , Van D Velde and prob Rory in 2011
Are you saying that to me, a Spurs fan, without a shred of irony? I've been listening to football fans throw it around meaninglessly for years. At this point it kind of does mean that if you're routinely the favourite and you don't even contend then you have bottled it.

For all the Tiger talk every year, there's just as much talk about Rory every year, how he's in form, how this is going to be his year etc... then he'll go and shoot 75 or 76 on the first day so he's never in contention at all. Always has a fantastic Sunday when he's no real chance of winning it. 2018 the opposite - right in contention and plods round in +2 on Sunday.

Weirdly I would still not mind seeing him win it though. It would definitely be a great watch to see him get that monkey off his back.

D

Deleted member 15344

Are you saying that to me, a Spurs fan, without a shred of irony? I've been listening to football fans throw it around meaninglessly for years. At this point it kind of does mean that if you're routinely the favourite and you don't even contend then you have bottled it.

For all the Tiger talk every year, there's just as much talk about Rory every year, how he's in form, how this is going to be his year etc... then he'll go and shoot 75 or 76 on the first day so he's never in contention at all. Always has a fantastic Sunday when he's no real chance of winning it. 2018 the opposite - right in contention and plods round in +2 on Sunday.

Weirdly I would still not mind seeing him win it though. It would definitely be a great watch to see him get that monkey off his back.

Again none of them means that when he doesn’t win a tournament he has bottled it

D

Deleted member 15344

Please let me know what replacement phrase I can use just so we don't have to have this same discussion again next year and the one after that. Let himself down? Failed to perform? :poop: the bed?

How about don’t use “labels” 🤷‍♂️

How about he just didn’t play as well as the guy that won. How about it’s about someone playing well to win as opposed to someone bottling it

That should be simple enough and seems “common sense”

Maybe it’s just needing a more positive attitude 🤷‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

How about he just didn’t play as well as the guy that won. How about it’s about someone playing well to win as opposed to someone bottling it

Because he is always bigged up as the favourite and then doesn't even contend, which is a massive let-down. If he was actually in the running and narrowly beaten then that would be what you said. The Masters is in his head now.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Maybe it’s just needing a more positive attitude 🤷‍♂️
How about you stop telling people what they can & can’t post on here 👍🏻
If you’ve got a problem report it to the mods,who I’m sure will be only too happy to take action if needed 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 15344

Because he is always bigged up as the favourite and then doesn't even contend, which is a massive let-down. If he was actually in the running and narrowly beaten then that would be what you said. The Masters is in his head now.

That’s just the way sports goes , Mickleson could never win the US Open , Faldo couldn’t win the US Open - sometimes some players despite how good they are just don’t win

Rory will be favourite or one of them because he is one of the best players in the sport , if he plays well then it’s tough to see anyone beating him

He isn’t going to win every year and he may end up not winning but it won’t be down to a lack of bottle