Masters 2023

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I popped onto this thread as I naively thought we may be excitedly discussing the first Major of 2023 and the start of the golf season proper. Instead I see it’s already descending into a LIV versus the world spat.

Have a day off, people. There is already a thread for those who want to discuss LIV. Leave this one for it’s intended purpose, please.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll be watching as much as I can. Don't care that it's pompous and twee, that's all part of the fun.

Still need to work out who I'm sticking my hard-earned coins on this week. Usually back about five or six of them which keeps it interesting, until they all miss the cut obviously.

A nice bonus that it's on Easter weekend so I don't have to get up Monday morning either.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I'll be watching as much as I can. Don't care that it's pompous and twee, that's all part of the fun.

Still need to work out who I'm sticking my hard-earned coins on this week. Usually back about five or six of them which keeps it interesting, until they all miss the cut obviously.

A nice bonus that it's on Easter weekend so I don't have to get up Monday morning either.

I love it. Always have. I don’t care if it’s all rather sanitised, and the course manicured to death. It’s the start of the season and I have always watched as much as I can.

Got a sneaky feeling Hatton may have a decent week this time round (so that’s a missed cut for him then), and also fancy Max Homa to have a half decent run.

Roll on Thursday.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I watch LIV, I enjoy it, some of the players will be at The Masters, and I will talk about them - amongst others. Your contribution to this thread is what exactly?
Talking about them in relation the masters simply requires their name, and the masters relevant information. Mentioning their tour is irrelevant unless you want to consistently push their tour agenda. Some here seem to think you do.

IJames

Visit site
I know it has been edited, but the mods missed the quote on page 3, so I get to see your original post.

I have to say I wish it hadn't been edited(y)
That post - of mine- has subsequently been edited to remove offending and irrelevant line.

Last edited:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Marvellous four days, always look forward to it. The course is amazing, tv just doesn't do it justice, but they try.

Lots of hours in front of tv beckons next week.
It always works for me. Long winter coming to an end, spring introduced by a fabulous, if unplayable, golf course, the concept of which was the dream of one of my golfing heroes, and whose tournament will be graced by the world's best golfers.

Plus no Mark Roe.

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
None of this is true. Even Gary Player was implying just this week that it isn't a proper major and of the four, it's a distant last.
It's almost as if he's gotten bitter because his son got banned.
His distain for the tournament hasn't shown as an honorary starter ...

The Open, that's held in Britain. If I'd said 'an Open', I thought it might be a little ambiguous, even though I knew one of the zealots on here would pull me up on the 'British' prefix. ;-)

It was more "a" open was the issue for me. It's "The" open as well you know. But you do love a fishing expedition. So well played.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not very interesting US Masters facts...

No 1
All Azaleas are Rhododendrons, but not all Rhododendrons are Azaleas

Feel free to add your own NVIMF...

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Hard to see past Rahm for me, I think Jason Day and Dustin Johnson will have good tournaments.
Outside bets for me will be Fleetwood and Koepka.

Brooks is 40/1, and Reed 66/1 - for me those have to go on the slip as an each way bet, as does Hatton who's also 40/1

I hope you're right on Rahm though, I'd love to see him win the thing.