Masters 2023

D-S

Visit site
Also really looking forward to some long lingering shots of Azaleas whilst the coverage is on a US TV ad break with some elevator music playing in the background.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Not for me anymore, he’s just some old guy limping around a course playing average golf.
I hope I come to regret these words though 🤣
He turns up last month with no playing history other than assorted surgeries, in a top class field, no tournament sharpness, cant practice, but had 180 ball speed and beat half of the young healthy bucks in the field.
If thats average...

wjemather

Visit site
Not even a proper major - you dont hear that anymore. Its been gone 30 years.
Quite the contrary - if not 1st, its invariably second behind whichever Open side of the Atlantic you come from.
It is now THE major universally.
None of this is true. Even Gary Player was implying just this week that it isn't a proper major and of the four, it's a distant last.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Lots of bad weather around Augusta this week..
They'll be able to get the greens dry and firm but what about the fairways..?
Do they have dryers?
If not it could play long.......

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The Masters is a great spectacle, course tarted up to death, sickly traditions and cringeworthy music played over panning shots of a creek and some colourful shrubs.
But it doesn’t get close to a British Open over a wet and windy weekend, with the weather breaking on the final day to provide the fans with a breathtaking Sunday.

Jason.H

Visit site
The Masters is a great spectacle, course tarted up to death, sickly traditions and cringeworthy music played over panning shots of a creek and some colourful shrubs.
But it doesn’t get close to a British Open over a wet and windy weekend, with the weather breaking on the final day to provide the fans with a breathtaking Sunday.

I agree, and I’ll still watch it.

D

Deleted member 29109

What’s the British Open? 🤷🏼‍♂️😉

D

Deleted member 31467

Not even a proper major - you dont hear that anymore. Its been gone 30 years.
Quite the contrary - if not 1st, its invariably second behind whichever Open side of the Atlantic you come from.
It is now THE major universally.
Obviously as usual you are absolutely correct.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
6 posts on a Masters thread and you have to bring a LIV element into it.
Mod edit

I thought it was an interesting stat, the odds aren't actually that far apart, which might support the argument that the LIV players aren't very good.

Here's the reality. LIV players are going to be at Augusta, they are going to be talked about, the non existent division will be hyped up by the media, and it will add an interesting dimension to this particular Masters.

Please accept my apologies for mentioning professional golfers on a thread about a professional golf tournament.

D

Deleted member 29109

I thought it was an interesting stat, the odds aren't actually that far apart, which might support the argument that the LIV players aren't very good.

Here's the reality. LIV players are going to be at Augusta, they are going to be talked about, the non existent division will be hyped up by the media, and it will add an interesting dimension to this particular Masters.

Please accept my apologies for mentioning professional golfers on a thread about a professional golf tournament.

Have a day off from the marketing job.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Oh Aggers, do stop it!:ROFLMAO:
Jack seemed to put it 4th also..
https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/ja...rs-bottom-of-the-majors-just-like-gary-player

When I was new to the game it was probably my favourite. As I learned and understood more about things it dropped down a bit. I think it is special in it kind of signifies spring us here in the UK.
Always look forward to it, and probably a bit more so this year.
Hope to see some three balls in the par 3 trying to put to bed some of the media 'stir up' stuff.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
@Mel Smooth

Hey mate, I've got an idea.....

Why don't you contribute to the MASTERS thread without the LIV agenda... maybe talk about the Masters and just that..?

I watch LIV, I enjoy it, some of the players will be at The Masters, and I will talk about them - amongst others. Your contribution to this thread is what exactly?

Last edited by a moderator: