Masters 2023

IJames

Visit site
Took Brooks at 60/1 each way last night. Too long a price when he's just gone back to back 65s.
Tough to really tell when course is nothing like Augusta. Still pretty good odds for him though - and, given he's leading, likely in pretty good form, unlike quie a few others of the troop.

IJames

Visit site
Sandy Lyle has announced that this will be his last event. The last time we will see him in his braces. I can still remember seeing his shot from the bunker on the 18th all those years ago.
I've had mixed feelings about his yearly appearances. Hasn't been anywhere near competitive for a couple of decades at least. But he has earned the right, so.... I do remember watching him in his prime, which was before I got hooked (sic) on the game! Potential new role as honarary starter perhaps!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Not sure if you noticed but LIv was mentioned in the very first post 😬🤷‍♂️🤣

I did see that too, but I don’t think the reference to it was made intending this to be a thread where LIV became central to the discussion.

Jason.H

Visit site
I did see that too, but I don’t think the reference to it was made intending this to be a thread where LIV became central to the discussion.

Yes I was merely pointing out there could be added spice to this years Masters. Wonder if the journalists question players opinions during interviews on the matter.
Either way it will be great to have all the players battling it out.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bloody love the masters, essentially it’s what started the golf love affair for me, being a Shropshire lad with Lyle and the Woosie winning it. Staying up late, portable tv moved from the kitchen to my bedroom, Alliss’s dulcet tones, by jove.

Somehow I’m often away these days, Easter holidays. Watched it in a caravan in Devon last year, the hotel reception in Majorca in 2017, when Garcia won. We’re in Majorca again this time, so I’m hoping for a good showing from Rahm but would love Mcilroy to win, of course. Also really like Billy Horschel and Jason Day as outsiders.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Yes I was merely pointing out there could be added spice to this years Masters. Wonder if the journalists question players opinions during interviews on the matter.
Either way it will be great to have all the players battling it out.

I can imagine Fred Couples can't wait for somebody to shove a microphone in his face tbh.

Of course there will be added spice, just as there was in Dubai with Rory and Reed, it will be fantastic. (y)

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Thats fantastic !
Really feel Masters week is ON now.
Apparently his recovery after the Genesis wasnt plain sailing.
But Tiger just taking that tiger cover off the big dog to let it hunt...can't wait now.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Just to whet the appetite, wet your pants on this one :

It has to be watched through fully. Just look at the planning from the guy who normally just swings a loosener, a practice swing, and then steps up to hit. Just look at the alignment. Just look at the swing finish. Just look at the action. And this is only four years ago.

You will not see his likes again in a hurry people. One of the top half dozen sportsmen, across all sports, across all time. Every shot is to be savoured now, like the last of the 1961 Pomerols.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I always feel like the masters represents golf in the distopian future of the hunger games.

Inside the wall, grass painted green, tee turf replaced overnight so divots cant be spotted on tv, horticultural activities that would make any environmentalists toes curl. Invited few performing apes obeying the hyper rich green jacketed overlords no mater the ask, tv so heavily sanitised they get banned for calling a baying mob of idiots "fans", tongue in cheek advertising of cheap sandwiches, sold to the hyper rich or lucky few raffle winners who've broke the bank just to get there.

Unfortunately, I dont have the will power to ignore it, I wish I did.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I always feel like the masters represents golf in the distopian future of the hunger games.

Inside the wall, grass painted green, tee turf replaced overnight so divots cant be spotted on tv, horticultural activities that would make any environmentalists toes curl. Invited few performing apes obeying the hyper rich green jacketed overlords no mater the ask, tv so heavily sanitised they get banned for calling a baying mob of idiots "fans", tongue in cheek advertising of cheap sandwiches, sold to the hyper rich or lucky few raffle winners who've broke the bank just to get there.

Unfortunately, I dont have the will power to ignore it, I wish I did.

I've never really thought of that angle, but you're right.
Your Golf Travel actually do a finance package - 4 days. £1000 deposit and £375 a month !!! You don't even get to watch any competitive golf for that. Obviously there are people with more money than sense out there.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are lucky in the ticket ballot, they aren't expensive at all. Does take a number of attempts though.

The travel companies will make a fortune, but that's a price you pay if you want guaranteed access into the grounds. It's the same with everything.