LIV Golf

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given the mods have stated that you can’t talk about “the regime” it comes across as you can only be positive

Not really. You can say the product is rubbish, can say the teams but is rubbish

To be honest it's what I've been saying to people for ages. Don't hide behind anti the owners agenda and if you hate it because it's rubbish it's much more valid a reason

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Not really. You can say the product is rubbish, can say the teams but is rubbish

To be honest it's what I've been saying to people for ages. Don't hide behind anti the owners agenda and if you hate it because it's rubbish it's much more valid a reason

Some people aren’t prepared to ignore who is behind LIV though. You can’t tell someone they are wrong because of their moral compass versus yours.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
As I'm reading it, a poster has deleted their account - not sure why the mods are getting flak for attempting to control the direction of the debate on the thread.

There are still plenty of posters around to counter debate from both sides, let's move on.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
As I'm reading it, a poster has deleted their account - not sure why the mods are getting flak for attempting to control the direction of the debate on the thread.

There are still plenty of posters around to counter debate from both sides, let's move on.

I can’t see anyone giving the mods any flak

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not at all.

It's a more valid reason because people actually give it thought and time

The old argument was just oh I don't like that because it's that

Not giving it a chance, not trying it out. Not going you know what I watch enough golf I'm not interested, the product is rubbish. Etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Leftitshort

Visit site
Not at all.

It's a more valid reason because people actually give it thought and time

The old argument was just oh I don't like that because it's that

Not giving it a chance, not trying it out. Not going you know what I watch enough golf I'm not interested, the product is rubbish. Etc etc
I wouldn’t watch it for all the reasons listed in all these pages.
Saying that you don’t like the product and it makes you feel morally uncomfortable is a brilliant reason, the best reason. I question the regime, their motives and those who willingly accept this narrative. Maybe some have moved past that, maybe some were never there , but no amount of advertising revenue should excuse this

I guess based on the above you’ve given it no thought.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I wouldn’t watch it for all the reasons listed in all these pages.
Saying that you don’t like the product and it makes you feel morally uncomfortable is a brilliant reason, the best reason. I question the regime, their motives and those who willingly accept this narrative. Maybe some have moved past that, maybe some were never there , but no amount of advertising revenue should excuse this

I guess based on the above you’ve given it no thought.
BuT yOu UsE tHeIr OiL.

In before someone trots that line out.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was listening to rick shiels podcast earlier. The novelty of liv does wear off quickly however they are fantastic at drip feeding interest

first people were interested in the idea of it. some got bored

then byrson signs.. now its like meh
then brooks.. wow brooks.. people watch.. some stayed

repeated the same with cam smith, rahm

even Kim. people were like oh hello. lets see how he does..

almost click bait with their signings

AddisonRoad

Visit site
On the CW highlights - aired during the day, after the rounds had finished, they got close to 200,000 views. Considering there are other ways of watching in the US, and that figure is for US based viewers only, I’d say that was decent.

If you’re going to go down the route of challenging viewing figures, you’ll need something to back it up.

Something to back it up? Mel, I'm not even trying to be annoying here; it's just objectively true that LIV does not have good viewing figures. 200k people watching something in the United States is not good (I grew up there, for reference) — no-name university basketball games receive better viewership than that.

I'm not saying you're 100% wrong that LIV will eventually swallow the PGA tour. If they continue to spend an unreasonable amount of money, it's probably inevitable. But why do you insist that they have good viewing figures at the moment? The PGA playing field has been destroyed by LIV, and its product is no longer as strong, but it still dominates LIV in terms of viewership, attention from sponsors, etc.

You say I need something to back it up... is your evidence that 200k people in America watched on TV? Your own data proves my point.