LIV Golf

AddisonRoad

Visit site
(Legitimate) "views" are not counted in the same way across all platforms. YT has strong measures in place to prevent inflation of numbers (or, being cynical, keep them down) because that's how they pay content providers.

Okay, great. I'm glad you've expressed the view that YouTube may suppress LIV's numbers, and CaffeineTV may provide a more accurate picture of the interest in this new golfing format. If that's the line you're holding, fair play to you

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'm just asking for basic reasoning.

LIV Golf's YouTube channel has had around 50 million total views since it was established in 2021. So both of you (@wjemather and @Mel Smooth) believe that CaffeineTV content related to a single tournament (probably the least-watched one on LIV's schedule this year so far) has exceeded 1/10th of the total views/interactions on LIV's YouTube channel since its inception. And you believe this knowing that YouTube has billions of global users, is viewable without an account or subscription, and was the primary source of LIV's viewership and promotion until recently...?

You have to understand, LIV now has many different viewing platforms and You tube is now a fraction of that.

Some of it is already behind a paywall in some areas, or has add breaks. The You Tube figures represent when LIV was in its infancy, they don’t represent where it is now - although in real terms it’s still very much in its infancy, it’s only the 26th LIV event this week.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
So, LiV are massaging or presenting the numbers to make it look like there were millions of viewers for the tournament?

Including the views of social media posts in viewing figures is comical.

It’s propaganda again. Or someone has been pressing F5 a lot.

wjemather

Visit site
Okay, great. I'm glad you've expressed the view that YouTube may suppress LIV's numbers, and CaffeineTV may provide a more accurate picture of the interest in this new golfing format. If that's the line you're holding, fair play to you
That isn't what I have said at all.
All I have suggested is that you should understand what the numbers represent before you compare (and rubbish) them.

Last edited:

wjemather

Visit site
So, LiV are massaging or presenting the numbers to make it look like there were millions of viewers for the tournament?

How caffeine compile their figures is certainly a valid question - almost certainly not as stringently as YouTube.

Social media is a very broad term that includes the likes of YouTube.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Are Caffeine just massaging the LIV numbers BiM?

When you look at the caffeine app, the LIV numbers rank pretty well alongside many of their other events and productions. Comparing caffeine views with other caffeine views is the only accurate measurement here.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Are Caffeine just massaging the LIV numbers BiM?

When you look at the caffeine app, the LIV numbers rank pretty well alongside many of their other events and productions. Comparing caffeine views with other caffeine views is the only accurate measurement here.
I don’t know. But they are presenting all engagement as viewing figures. Which they are clearly not.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I don’t know. But they are presenting all engagement as viewing figures. Which they are clearly not.

Thst depends how you define engagement and viewing figures.

It’s a valid point, but so is the relationship between OWGR field ratings and PGAT tv contracts - I’d argue they’ve been massaged recently as well?