LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Away from the actual golf - reality is starting to dawn for the PGAT - they need those players that have left back in some capacity...

The PGAT Enterprises board was announced this week of course, Jay remains as CEO, Tiger is Vice Chairman - no chairman announced as yet but there are rumours that the board can be expanded if PIF investment comes in - which clearly, the PGAT know they now need.

There's clearly still hope for a deal.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Stuburt pushing the colab straight from the home page on their website.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site

Informative article for anyone interested in the instant out of nowhere LIV fan, X account drip leaking LIV news, social media campaign, etc.

Fore Right

Visit site
I did watch on YT last year.

Ive watched on the app and more recently the website so I can focus on watching certain groups exclusively.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I have absolutely no statistics to back this theory up - but is it me or is the standard of golf on LIV improved each year?

Some of the leaderboards have been crazy so far this season!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have absolutely no statistics to back this theory up - but is it me or is the standard of golf on LIV improved each year?

Some of the leaderboards have been crazy so far this season!
Well it's definitely better than it was this time 2 years ago as far as I can see.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t think you can argue anything other than the quality of their fields has improved, but that is made easier by having a small field and throwing billions of dollars at people for them to come and play.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
TBH, I knew more players on the LIV leaderboard than the PGAT leaderboard this week. To be fair, that’s as much to do with knowing a lot of the older golfers, and I guess younger golfers might know more on the PGAT.

The scoring on LIV was excellent too. It had me looking at what course they were playing at and its length.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Has course set up changed at all?

I dont feel like they have? I know some places are easier than others across the tours though obviously but some whole tracks have changed too.

@Mel Smooth have we had many location changes this year so far? I know that LIV London is going to be moved from Centurion to JCB, my eye would suggest JCB is harder but I've no real idea?

They also have Valderama but I don't know if that replaces a different Spanish course?

Lots of don't knows.... On a less busy day I would do some research but I've only got 3 days in the office this week :ROFLMAO:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TBH, I knew more players on the LIV leaderboard than the PGAT leaderboard this week. To be fair, that’s as much to do with knowing a lot of the older golfers, and I guess younger golfers might know more on the PGAT.

The scoring on LIV was excellent too. It had me looking at what course they were playing at and its length.

A lot of the current golfers that I personally like have gone to liv

Rahm, brooks, Byrson, DJ, Smith , Nieman , Hatton

I mean left on tour that I like

Tiger (never plays)
Rory (hot and cold)
Scotty
Hovland
Fleetwood

The rest can proper take or leave on both tours really

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I dont feel like they have? I know some places are easier than others across the tours though obviously but some whole tracks have changed too.

@Mel Smooth have we had many location changes this year so far? I know that LIV London is going to be moved from Centurion to JCB, my eye would suggest JCB is harder but I've no real idea?

They also have Valderama but I don't know if that replaces a different Spanish course?

Lots of don't knows.... On a less busy day I would do some research but I've only got 3 days in the office this week :ROFLMAO:

So far this year we've had Mayakoba and Jeddah that were on last years schedule.

The courses that will be revisited again are Valderamma, Adelaide, Singapore, Greenbrier - and Miami - which is next up - it was the team championship event last year - I believe that will be in Dallas this year although it's not been announced yet.
Hard to say whether the set up of the courses used is making them more difficult to play - at the end of the day - LIV has a field with some serious quality in it, and it's hard to win an event - as we're seeing with Rahm who will be desperate to get a win in the bag. 3 rounds doesn't give you chance to have an off day - and so I'd imagine the players are pushing hard.

There were 2 holes in one yesterday, of course , and if you watch LIV you can see there is some quality golf being played.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Heres a direct comparison of Mayakoba - from what I have found, course played the same length but I could not comment on pin positions.

Generally, the field is scoring better in 2024 - although the winning score this year was 4 shots off last years!