LIV Golf

FELL75

Visit site
Whenever I see Rahm in tournaments he's generally quite angry/on edge, dropping plenty of F-bombs on the live coverage. I know he's a winner, but just enjoy yourself a bit! Plenty of others I'd prefer to watch.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven’t read all of the 726 pages that have gone before this one, but my interest was piqued by the Rahm news tonight.

When Liv was first announced, I liked the concept, but disliked the Saudi backing. Given the PGA Tour have officially got into bed with Saudi cash, I find it hard to now root for them as the “good guy” in all of this.

Overall, I’d be keen to see the LIV concept incorporated into the rest of the calendar, with the best players in the world playing in it, and televised on Sky. My first preference would have been for Saudi cash to stay away from golf altogether, but it’s plain to see that’s not going to happen. So I’m ok that Rahm has joined if it’s a step closer towards bringing the game back together again.

I also get why he’s changed his mind - why should the players trust the PGA Tour? I know I wouldn’t.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great to see him move, question is who is next ?

LIV is here to stay and is certainly going to shape the golfing world in the future.......

C7usk

Visit site
Got to say pretty gutted.. Defo weakens the pga and dpwt.. Hopefully they mange to get the tours to mix in some format, especially now you would think more will move over... Kinda gonna have 2 so so tours soon as opposed to 1 great tour.. Bring on the majors....still can't see me watching LIV. Unless it changes the shotgun start..

AussieKB

Visit site
that's it then he is now an official 'has been' by anti liver's.

Not going to work today.....oh wait I have retired so I guess I will just go and play golf
as my life has not changed.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
The game is currently a bit of a mess eh? Personally, I've gone from wanting to watch lots of golf to not caring about watching any of it, except for the majors. Maybe.

I suspect the Rahm news will weaken the PGAs ability to bargain further and pressure them into a deal with the Saudis, even though it's likely not on their terms.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Word is Rahm has definitively closed the door on LIV move. PGAT on more secure ground for the conclusion of the deal with the non PIF backers and deal announcement imminent. Big money thrown at Rahm was a last ditch attempt to turn up the pressure on Monahan, but didnt sway him and possibly no more defectors to LIV now.

Never trust the “word.”

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Liv now have 5 of my favourite golfers

DJ
Smith
Brooks
Byrson
Rham

For me the two best golfers right now are rahm and Hovland

That's some signing by Liv. Considering their hasn't really been anyone for ages

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Oh Jon.....what have you done....?
Not signing for LIV - not sure I care too much about it to be honest
But you used the words Growing the Game and I'm not greedy......
Really?
Have they not thought up anything different to make you say?

D

Deleted member 21445

Wow its actually happened.

This has moved the needle for sure.
So much for Liv being done and no more players of note joining
A huge coup for Liv and blow for the PGA TOUR.
Genuinely one of the best players in the world, current major champion in the prime of his career.

I have always said that the money wins.
Who is next?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
When someone moves from one role to another they’re either, moving to get something they want or they’re moving away from something they no longer want

Most of the first batch of guys to go to liv were clearly the former but with all that’s happened maybe its swinging to the latter

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So looks like the social media experts that said there’s zero chance of Rahm moving to LIV got it wrong 🤷‍♂️

Not sure why people are bringing Seve up?
Like they knew the bloke & know how he’d feel about it.