LIV Golf

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Touch of the Ardennes offensive about LIV/PIF. Last ditch all in attack ?

Devaluing PGAT for the non PIF investor negotiations ?

D

Deleted member 21445

Round 1 Liv Qualification event is LIVE on You Tube.

Top 3 qualify for the Liv Tour after 3 days play.
Some players have a bye into round 2.

$25 to enter

In many ways this is way more engaging as this will genuinely change these guys lives.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
If I had to work for Jay Monahan or Keith Pelley I'd be away too.
They have treated their employees terribly and are going to have to accept the consequences for terrible management.
I hope Keith Pelley can sort something with LIV to get better players playing on the DPWT, which is what he should of done in the first place in my opinion.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Pro golf reminds me of the final bit of the crystal maze where contestants stand and grab money as frantically as they can in the big dome. Edit: and yes the obsess with sums of money most people don't even dream about if pretty disgusting imo.

Thats on all sides btw. It's pathetic.

As a sport the whole thing is in the gutter.

And much like the Crystal Maze, most of time they still wanted more gold tokens when the fans stopped....

The other issue is to the game and it's reputation. It's generally struggled to get people involved and I see little from LIV that's going to massively shift that needle. There's also going to be a decent number of people who did watch golf who will just not bother any more because a) PGA tour is weaker, b) they don't like LIV because of the format or the Saudi money or c) they're just fed up of the whole mess.

This might change in the long run, who knows, but it wouldn't surprise me if viewing figures across the board took a significant hit and golf at the grass roots level is worse off for it.

Time will tell though.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Do you ever play shotgun starts Swango, or do you strop round the clubhouse telling everybody how you can't stand the format whenever the committee suggest having one....

Genuinely, it's your choice what you watch but the Shotgun start does not make it unwatchable imo
I play shotgun starts. I play Mulligan comps. I play Scrambles.

I probably play quite a few different formats. But I'd never watch them being played on TV. There is a difference between playing and watching

Swango1980

Visit site
The PGAT - PIF merger will be interesting. Had many complications to it, especially how you allow LIV players back having made massive money from jumping ship, compared to better players who stayed on PGAT. Now Rahm just pockets £450 million, I suspect that makes things tricky to just walk right back into PGAT events

To me, professional golf has never been in a bigger mess.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I guess Rahm’s Feb 22 comments to play pgat can be read two ways depending on what narrative someone wants

He’s now moved to liv so it was all tosh, how can he do that… or… he did what he said and committed, in fact he stayed another 2 seasons with pgat, he never said he was committing for life

I’m not fussed which way folk read it but you all know it wasn't that definitive a comment

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your opinion doesn't match any of his previous comments though.

They’re just towing the party line end of, I fail to believe any of the golfers either LIV, DPWT or PGA don’t get coached in what to say in front of the cameras. I take everything they say with a massive pinch of salt and don’t let it waste my brain cells from getting worked up about it.

Swango1980

Visit site
They’re just towing the party line end of, I fail to believe any of the golfers either LIV, DPWT or PGA don’t get coached in what to say in front of the cameras. I take everything they say with a massive pinch of salt and don’t let it waste my brain cells from getting worked up about it.
Why would they be coached? They are not employees at a club. They are self employed, and make their own decisions. It is up to them to justify those decisions.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I guess Rahm’s Feb 22 comments to play pgat can be read two ways depending on what narrative someone wants

He’s now moved to liv so it was all tosh, how can he do that… or… he did what he said and committed, in fact he stayed another 2 seasons with pgat, he never said he was committing for life

I’m not fussed which way folk read it but you all know it wasn't that definitive a comment

He has said he feels let down by the PGAT by recent events, whatever that means. Maybe it’s along similar lines to why Rory resigned off the tour board… who know?