LIV Golf

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
They need to have this success in multiple countries to have longevity.

At the moment miles away from that..

The same can be said of multiple tournaments played in many countries organised by the existing organisations. I’ve spectated at numerous tournaments around Europe. Apart from the leading groups, especially on the last day, there might be 4 or 5 spectators following quite a few groups. Golf isn’t very popular in many countries.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The same can be said of multiple tournaments played in many countries organised by the existing organisations. I’ve spectated at numerous tournaments around Europe. Apart from the leading groups, especially on the last day, there might be 4 or 5 spectators following quite a few groups. Golf isn’t very popular in many countries.

The UK event last year was almost sold out - I'd expect demand to be greater this year - the JCB club course would be part of the attraction if that's where it's headed. Valderrama will be be popular again, especially as the teams take on more 'national identity' with player trades and signings.

The Hong Kong Open last week proved popular so if the series is going there, that should be well attended.... At the other end of the scale, I doubt we'll see big crowds at Jeddah - logistically it's just not conducive to getting a lot of people attending..

Clearly some parts of the USA are still reluctant to buy into LIV - and that shows in the attendances, but the series is still very much in the early stages of it's evolution. (y)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like The Open and Masters have pretty much said no to giving LiV automatic spots.

Incredible given the awards LiV has just won. Even if no one has ever heard of them before.

Now they are using a ranking system system that someone has put together on excel in their bedroom in their spare time.

For all of the big deals just about to land. Poulter has jus got a local car dealership to sponsor him.

All they have is “look how much money we have”.

The top players really need a deal done with the PGAT to remain relevant.

The TGL, which is just a fancy computer game has had more investment from outside sources.

I met a former classmate at the weekend. He is now a member of the R&A and sits on some of the Championship Committees. He offered me a game on the Old, but as I said on another thread, I am giving up golf.

Anyway, we were chatting about our fellow countryman Rory McIlroy and I said that I agreed with Rory's intense dislike of LIV. My classmate told me the R&A agree with him too, and there is no chance of The Open offering spots to LIV anytime soon, and he is aware the same applies at Augusta National. LIV knows this.

AussieKB

Visit site
I met a former classmate at the weekend. He is now a member of the R&A and sits on some of the Championship Committees. He offered me a game on the Old, but as I said on another thread, I am giving up golf.

Anyway, we were chatting about our fellow countryman Rory McIlroy and I said that I agreed with Rory's intense dislike of LIV. My classmate told me the R&A agree with him too, and there is no chance of The Open offering spots to LIV anytime soon, and he is aware the same applies at Augusta National. LIV knows this.
So they are for reducing the quality of the field over petty grievances, thought the Majors were about having ALL the best players.

D

Deleted member 1147

You can get that over here as well.
Unless it's a big name grouping you normally only get friends and family following.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So they are for reducing the quality of the field over petty grievances, thought the Majors were about having ALL the best players.

No, they are for maintaining the integrity of the greatest championships and respecting the right of those who wish to play less golf, cash in and accept the consequences of playing in low quality events. Some LIV players have exemptions for a few years from previous major wins, and the qualifying events are open to others.

AussieKB

Visit site
No, they are for maintaining the integrity of the greatest championships and respecting the right of those who wish to play less golf, cash in and accept the consequences of playing in low quality events. Some LIV players have exemptions for a few years from previous major wins, and the qualifying events are open to others.
Read that and it is just PGA gobble de gook, entitled to your opinion but I want the strongest field possible, don't care where they play.

simsini

Visit site
No more Centurion Club for LIV next year. They will be playing instead at JCB in Uttoexter from July 26th-28th. Imagine starting your round on the 17th tee. :D

be8f061916069f8f996c64383f4c6881d6cc9aae-1600x1067.jpg

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No more Centurion Club for LIV next year. They will be playing instead at JCB in Uttoexter from July 26th-28th. Imagine starting your round on the 17th tee. :D

Considered having a LIV / Alton Towers weekend with the young un, then I considered how much it would cost me..

Think we might just pop down for the day... :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 21445

be8f061916069f8f996c64383f4c6881d6cc9aae-1600x1067.jpg
Much improved venue for the tour.
Wondered if they may have gone to one of Trumps courses given the relationship but maybe even Liv Golf see that as too much of a risk with a possible prison sentence hanging over his head.
Be interesting if they still schedule his US courses like Doral and Bedminster.

D

Deleted member 21445

Liv Schedule 2024 around the majors.

USA event the week before The Masters.
Singapore 2 weeks before the USPGA.
USA Events sandwiched either side of the US Open.
Valderama Spain and JCB UK either side of The Open.

Looks like they have given it a bit more thought next year.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Liv Schedule 2024 around the majors.

USA event the week before The Masters.
Singapore 2 weeks before the USPGA.
USA Events sandwiched either side of the US Open.
Valderama Spain and JCB UK either side of The Open.

Looks like they have given it a bit more thought next year.

It also means they’re going up against some pretty big events on the PGAT, PGA European Tour.

Not sure if that (along with the rumoured player moves) are an indication that the PIF are raising the stakes against the PGAT and that the framework agreement is looking unlikely - but we’re a million miles away from Monaghan having the authority to can LIV right now.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rahm, Rory, Schauffele, Cantley moving to LIV looks to me like the PIF/PGAT deal could be on the finishing stretch, and part of a financial manoeuvre to get big paydays for them, and probably a few others, before full reintegration of the LIV golfers into the PGAT ecosystem. With or without an actual LIV tour continuing remains to be seen. Rather than penalise the returners, paying out for the 'loyalty' of those who stayed PGAT would balance the ship and keep everyone on board.

D

Deleted member 23270

It also means they’re going up against some pretty big events on the PGAT, PGA European Tour.

Not sure if that (along with the rumoured player moves) are an indication that the PIF are raising the stakes against the PGAT and that the framework agreement is looking unlikely - but we’re a million miles away from Monaghan having the authority to can LIV right now.
Looks to me that LIV accepts they will always play 2nd fiddle to the main tours so they are just doing their own thing.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Trouble at tmill that it took a tetchy Koepka going public to squeeze a partial schedule out of them ? Would there have been a published schedule at all until some further clarity on what Newco might want to do with them ?