LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Pretty tight leader board right now, Brooks has seen his lead nibbled a little and they're queueing up behind him - this is far from a foregone conclusion, and as we know, the team element can swing rapido. Looking forward to the next few hours.

D

Deleted member 31467

Not really. if you're from a Spanish speaking country, as the team all are, that's pretty much how you pronounce it. The devil is in the detail.
The Spanish word is torqueo which is a different pronunciation so if they are going to use the English word at least pronounce it properly.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The Spanish word is torqueo which is a different pronunciation so if they are going to use the English word at least pronounce it properly.

Come on mate, the teams were named before the players joined all the teams, it's evolved into a team of Hispanics, and if you asked a Spanish speaking person to pronounce torque, they would say "tor-ku-eh"
To be fair, you're obviously watching, so Kudos to you for that,(y)

D

Deleted member 31467

Come on mate, the teams were named before the players joined all the teams, it's evolved into a team of Hispanics, and if you asked a Spanish speaking person to pronounce torque, they would say "tor-ku-eh"
To be fair, you're obviously watching, so Kudos to you for that,(y)
Actually I stopped watching because of the commentary :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 21445

Liv need their stars to step up and compete.

No disrespect to Howell III and Lee but having Brooks win this week going into Augusta was needed for the tour..

A healthy Brooks Koepka is a threat on any tour in the world.

PGAT wise Rory and Scottie are firing.

Roll on Augusta, one of the most special weeks in the golfing calendar. .

IJames

Visit site
Liv need their stars to step up and compete.
Several of their 'stars' simply weren't competitive at Orlando! Of team captains, 5 were 40th place and lower! DeChambeau and Smith were disappointingly mid table too. Koepka's win and Johnson's consistency indicate they are a class above the rest! Could all change at Augusta this weekend though! Can they handle the extra round - or even get past the 2nd one!:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 21445

Several of their 'stars' simply weren't competitive at Orlando! Of team captains, 5 were 40th place and lower! DeChambeau and Smith were disappointingly mid table too. Koepka's win and Johnson's consistency indicate they are a class above the rest! Could all change at Augusta this weekend though! Can they handle the extra round - or even get past the 2nd one!:rolleyes:

Form is temporary, Smith and others will be back to their best in time if injury isn't the reason.

Remember when Rory was going through his dip, it happens to the best of them, you cant play stellar every week no matter who you are.

IJames

Visit site
Form is temporary, Smith and others will be back to their best in time if injury isn't the reason.

Remember when Rory was going through his dip, it happens to the best of them, you cant play stellar every week no matter who you are.
I'm not a betting guy, but I'd certainly back those in form ahead of those who have been out of it for some time! I'd certainly ignore BDC and Mickelson though and go for Brook ahead of his little brother! Oh, and likely even Scheffler, McIlroy, Rahm and Schauffele over even Smith and Johnson.To me, it wouldn't make sense to back an out-of-form class player over an in form class one! But it will be an interesting to see how they perform, if not - because of the nature of golf - an actual comparison, save as a on-off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21445

I'm not a betting guy, but I'd certainly back those in form ahead of those who have been out of it for some time! I'd certainly ignore BDC and Mickelson though and go for Brook ahead of his little brother! Oh, and likely even Scheffler, McIlroy, Rahm and Schauffele over even Smith and Johnson.To me, it wouldn't make sense to back an out-of-form class player over an in form class one! But it will be an interesting to see how they perform, if not - because of the nature of golf - an actual comparison, save as a on-off.

I agree there are golfers from all tours in and out of form, not just Liv Golfers.