LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Imagine if MS had posted something similar in the PGA thread 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Phil can have his moment, he knows it’s not good news for the DPWT, which we are seeing the demise of, right in front of our eyes… the last event wasn’t even getting mentions on twitter, let alone broadcast to its fans..

The last DPWT that made any headlines was in Dubai, and we all know why. ;-)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Phil can have his moment, he knows it’s not good news for the DPWT, which we are seeing the demise of, right in front of our eyes… the last event wasn’t even getting mentions on twitter, let alone broadcast to its fans..

The last DPWT that made any headlines was in Dubai, and we all know why. ;-)

Give over. It’s been on the demise for 30 years. Other than a few marquee events. It’s been the equivalent of the Corn Ferry for at least 10 years.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Not unexpected (for me). At least there is clarity now.
I won't be massively surprised if the Asian Tour suddenly has another increase in purses in the near future.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Happy for Poulter, Westwood et al after this decision (if it is as reported). Now they can spend more time with their families and don't have to worry about being away from them more than needed. Family first! And growing the game second! :love:

They’ll go and play in Asia - if they want to. And let’s be clear, Poulter and Westwood have done incredible things for European golf..
A lot of that now being undone by a Canadian in a suit….

BiMGuy

Visit site
They’ll go and play in Asia - if they want to. And let’s be clear, Poulter and Westwood have done incredible things for European golf..

Poulter has done a lot for himself. He’s only ever been interested in self promotion. To pretend anything else is delusional.

Westwood was different. Now he’s turned himself into a bit of a knob with his tweeting. Funny how there wasn’t much criticism from him when on the DP/PGAT. Still, I suppose when you’ve sold your soul, you have to keep up your side of the bargain 😉

D

Deleted member 1147

As much as the tour has done for them?

D

Deleted member 21445

No spinning this around its a blow for Liv Golf and an indication the anti trust case with the PGA Tour could go the same way.

It's clear now though which is a good thing.

Liv Golfers now play golf on the Liv Tour and Asian Tour.

Im interested to see what the PIF now does with the Asian tour because that could quite easily become the 3rd biggest tour in the world if they decide to invest more in that too and have events around Europe.
There are events in the UK this year..

BiMGuy

Visit site
It's always someone else's fault............

There is already a load of crying and being the victim on socials. Mostly by the channels desperately trying to cosy up to the Saudis.
The players should now just take their money and slope off into obscurity. Especially those old European players on the decline. I’m embarrassed for them.

The European tour has given them far more than they have given it. Say thanks and bugger off.

Rocco

Visit site
No spinning this around its a blow for Liv Golf and an indication the anti trust case with the PGA Tour could go the same way.

It doesn't seem that long ago that the LIV supporters were stating that the PGA Tour might win their case but that the DP World Tour had NO chance of winning ...WRONG

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
It's always someone else's fault............

If you think Keith Pelley is the man to take the DPWT forward then I despair.
Ive said from the very start he wasn’t the man to take the business forward.
My main concern is where does the DPWT go from here.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If you think Keith Pelley is the man to take the DPWT forward then I despair.
Ive said from the very start he wasn’t the man to take the business forward.
My main concern is where does the DPWT go from here.
Where have I said that?
My statement is purely about LIV and their followers always making out that someone else is to blame for everything

IJames

Visit site

It's clear now though which is a good thing.

Liv Golfers now play golf on the Liv Tour and Asian Tour.

Im interested to see what the PIF now does with the Asian tour because that could quite easily become the 3rd biggest tour in the world if they decide to invest more in that too and have events around Europe.
There are events in the UK this year..
If it's correct - as official announcement isn't due until Thursday - I don't see it as a blow for LIV Golf, though maybe a blow for a few LIV golfers who, IMO, have been taking the P! It's simply confirmation that a Tour's administration is entitled to actually perform its role and apply its rules! I'm almost certain that PGAT's case will go the same way, though th US legal process is rather different to the process both parties have gone through in UK! The golfers concerned can simply go to another tour - as they should have done in he first place!

Last edited: