LIV Golf

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Everything about the Masters broadcast is controlled by Augusta. CBS is doing what it is told.
(which network is it that lost the rights because a commentator mentioned the value of the prize money, against Augusta's instructions?)
Have Augusta said anything about LIV logos on the shirts? Seem to remember our favourite American chubster caused some controversy by wearing LIV gear at the Open?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Would be interested to see what liv committed to in the contracts... max number of starts per annum, ability to gain ranking points, length of tenure, ability to compete on other tours....

Could be anything, at the moment all i know is that the pga tour wont welcome liv players back, not sure anythings been confirmed about liv allowing players to play 'away'

D

Deleted member 15344

So you think they ban Nike Adidas Titleist logo's as well ?

Well they did ban Players son for his actions and I believe Gary Player was spoken to about his top last year

It wouldn’t surprise me if they have asked politely for LIV players to not wear their logos etc

How that fits in with their LIV contract will be interesting

IJames

Visit site
So you think they ban Nike Adidas Titleist logo's as well ?
Why would they ban clothing or equipment manufacturers logos! They haven't in the past, so a pretty daft query imo! I don't even think they would they would ban LIV related logos of the form worn by players in DPWT events and at The Open.

evemccc

Visit site
Though the nub is undeniable - LIV has done nothing to grow the game, and that did seem to be its big claim when it launched.

Come on — are you really that gullible, seriously? Do you believe everything that all the big corporates tell you as their rationale for policy? I think the technical term is ‘PR Guff’..

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Come on — are you really that gullible, seriously? Do you believe everything that all the big corporates tell you as their rationale for policy? I think the technical term is ‘PR Guff’..

The thing is, they most definitely HAVE grown the game in some areas - already!! Australia is sold out, fans there are absolutely buzzing to see some top level pro golfers playing on their continent.

Backsticks criticism of LIV at this stage is like telling some parents their kid is going to be a complete failure when it's 6 months old :ROFLMAO:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, I certainly thought it would lead to a golf boom in Saudi Arabia. I had no reason to disbelieve them, as Greg is as honest and straight talking guy as you will meet, and has nothing but a love for the game of golf and bringing the enjoyment of playing to all corners of the world. Unfortunately it seems to have flopped on that front. Possibly Rory's fault for not willing to give something back to the game that has given him so much.
Or something like that.

D

Deleted member 15344

The thing is, they most definitely HAVE grown the game in some areas - already!! Australia is sold out, fans there are absolutely buzzing to see some top level pro golfers playing on their continent.

Backsticks criticism of LIV at this stage is like telling some parents their kid is going to be a complete failure when it's 6 months old :ROFLMAO:

It’s always an interesting phrase

Growing the game

Now for me growing the game is

Bringing in new people into the game either as spectators or mainly as players

Is having a sold out event in Australia full of golf fans - “growing the game” . Now if all those people were not golf fans before then that’s new people , the name growing , if it’s just golf fans getting an event to watch then it’s not really growing the game.

If people start to play the sport because of LIV then they are growing the game but right now it appears all they are growing is the size of some peoples bank balances

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So no one is watching LIV,but spending all their time discussing it 🤷‍♂️😂
Obsessed😬
Yes. Obsessed is going a little far, but the point is apt - if you did take away all the LIV commentary there would be simply nothing left. From a purely sporting point of view, it simply doesnt exist.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It’s always an interesting phrase

Growing the game

Now for me growing the game is

Bringing in new people into the game either as spectators or mainly as players

Is having a sold out event in Australia full of golf fans - “growing the game” . Now if all those people were not golf fans before then that’s new people , the name growing , if it’s just golf fans getting an event to watch then it’s not really growing the game.

If people start to play the sport because of LIV then they are growing the game but right now it appears all they are growing is the size of some peoples bank balances

I take it you didn't see Bubba's comments yesterday - they are planning on setting up a RangeGoats academy - at their own range - so kids can come along and try golf - just the tip of the iceberg - there's no reason why in time, teams can't have their own academies scouting for talent across the world just as football does now.

Would that be growing the game Phil?