LIV Golf

Swango1980

Visit site
1) All golfers are included in the rankings if they play in qualfying events. I don't at all see how they have been caught on the hop, the system like any other WR system requires tournaments to meet minimum standards in order to qualify for points, and their is a minimum time (generally 2 years) before an applicant will be included. Why should LiV or any other new kid on the block cicumvent that. The Tour (name escapes me) that recently got accepted as been around 6 years.
2) The new system actually offers more fairness in that it is solely based around current world rankings of those players competing. Previousley the lesser tours were more highly rewardwed with points than the players competing warranted. With the exception of the majors of course. Yes this benefits the PGAT as it has nearly all of the worlds best players, I just don't see how that is a problem. Don't you you want to see all the top players playing the same events as many times as feasibly possible, I know I do.
3) Rahm over the last 5 events has moved from sixth to fourth having won 3 of those events. It has always been the case that the nearer you get to number one the harder it is to move up. Of those three wins two have been in limited field events and the other where only half a dozen of the worlds top 100 competed.

It would seem to me that the system has been designed so there is a hierarchy of tours, in much the same way as most other sports operate. PGAT being PL, DPWT - Championship, KFT Div 1 Asian Tour - Div 2, etc. The reality is that this has always been the case, the OWGR merely now being designed around it.

Finally would I prefer to see the best players play around the world rather than staying put in one continent, Yes of course I would as I am sure nearly everyone interested in Pro Golf would. The reality is though that the commmercial's currently don't add up to make that happen as LiV are finding out. Hopefully one day that will change, but I doubt it will in the time I have left on this place.

I agree with this, from a general standpoint.

From a selfish standpoint, not so much. Only because events in the US usually are on in the evenings over here, and fits in nicely with me being able to watch them. DP World Tour is a bit rubbish, as it is on either when I am at work, or playing golf myself. I can imagine other locations in world might be even worse, with events on in the middle of the night. So yeah, only a selfish point of view.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Doral won't be the concluding event if what I read is correct, but that aside, it's good to see a balanced article on LIV, recognising the positives in the venues it's taking in this year.

Did I read somewhere that the final rounds/team championship are going to be played in Saudi or have I made that up?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
To be honest mate, I could advertise myself as being 'televised across the globe', just by taking 5 mins to put something on a Youtube channel.

Your arguments lack credulity, I'd stop now if I were you.

It was televised in over 20 countries mate, plus You Tube. Maybe you can do a 5 minute You Tube video of a deranged lunatic getting triggered over something innocuous on a barely populated message board. Should be pretty straightforward for you ;-)

birdyhunter

Visit site
It was televised in over 20 countries mate, plus You Tube. Maybe you can do a 5 minute You Tube video of a deranged lunatic getting triggered over something innocuous on a barely populated message board. Should be pretty straightforward for you ;-)

Televised does not mean viewed. Maybe you could Google a sad loner fighting a losing battle.