LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

THE US and UK watch via You Tube, given the time zones for this and last weeks events, then it’s understandable that the figures are down.

If it’s 20k at Doral, then you’ll have a point. ?

Is it right that more people were watching a lettuce than watching LIV ? It’s on prime time Saturday around 10:30 in the uk and yet was around 14k watching it and that’s we next to no one at the course watching as well . The viewing figures have dropped every event haven’t they ? Maybe the novelty of it all has worn off now and just seeing the same players every time is getting a bit boring ?

At least they have a sponser now though - well the PIF are sponsering them

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Is it right that more people were watching a lettuce than watching LIV ? It’s on prime time Saturday around 10:30 in the uk and yet was around 14k watching it and that’s we next to no one at the course watching as well . The viewing figures have dropped every event haven’t they ? Maybe the novelty of it all has worn off now and just seeing the same players every time is getting a bit boring ?

At least they have a sponser now though - well the PIF are sponsering them

There was always going to be less interest in this event Phil, my mate was at Valderama on Thursday, nobody there. If you want to get aroused by a poor crowd and viewing figures for Jeddah, crack on, it's not exactly a great yardstick to measure the interest in LIV by though.

D

Deleted member 15344

There was always going to be less interest in this event Phil, my mate was at Valderama on Thursday, nobody there. If you want to get aroused by a poor crowd and viewing figures for Jeddah, crack on, it's not exactly a great yardstick to measure the interest in LIV by though.

What can you use as a yardstick to measure then if you can’t use viewing figures ?‍♂️

You have constantly gone on about growing the game and the global game so is it not an issue then when the only time there seems to be people watching is when it’s in the US ?

And surely at Jeddah you would hope to see a good crowd when it’s the country that’s financing the whole thing ?

So what is the yardstick you want to use to measure the interest if it’s not the crowds at the events or the viewing figures watching it ?‍♂️

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
What can you use as a yardstick to measure then if you can’t use viewing figures ?‍♂️

You have constantly gone on about growing the game and the global game so is it not an issue then when the only time there seems to be people watching is when it’s in the US ?

And surely at Jeddah you would hope to see a good crowd when it’s the country that’s financing the whole thing ?

So what is the yardstick you want to use to measure the interest if it’s not the crowds at the events or the viewing figures watching it ?‍♂️

This thread on this forum for a starters, it's been the most talked about of all the tours, since Centurion.

Do the other tours not have dips in viewing figures and attendances at some events, or is it just LIV that must be doomed when one event is less well supported?

Swango1980

Visit site
I guess the answer might be to play all of the events in the US then? In fact, if they just completely copies the PGA Tour, then maybe they'd really spark up some interest? :)

Swango1980

Visit site
This thread on this forum for a starters, it's been the most talked about of all the tours, since Centurion.

Do the other tours not have dips in viewing figures and attendances at some events, or is it just LIV that must be doomed when one event is less well supported?
This thread? Have 5 or 6 posters not posted 95% of the comments though? I'm sure you've managed nearly 30% all on your own?

D

Deleted member 15344

The thread should highlight to you exactly the interest in the tour.

Being talked about doesn’t mean a good thing for the Tour when a lot of the talk is negative about it all - people don’t really talk about tours - they talk about majors , players and Ryder cup. The LIV

yes the other tours do have dips on viewing figures normally when they are the lesser events - and it’s not just one event for LIV now , it’s two in a row and both outside US

wjemather

Visit site
Don't think many know that some countries show Liv golf on other platforms with their own studio and local pundits.

So you tube viewers is not a reflection on total viewers.
People also watch on Liv.com and Facebook.

For Example
Liv is free to air in China via Weibo.
In Australia, New Zealand and India it is aired on Dazn.
I think all but the most casual commenter does know (even if they don't know the details); it just suits their point of view to ignore it.
And when many of the most visible golf "journalists" (especially those working for PGA Tour partners like Sky, Golf Channel, CBS, etc.) pretend there is only YouTube, it's hardly surprising their sheep follow.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thread continues to be comedy gold!

Personally I don't care one jot if 10 people are watching. And happy to enter a debate if someone can share a link to validated global viewing figures across all platforms.

If I look at the tube only stats, it suggests:
203K have watched liv jeddah round 1
87K have watched zozo round 1 highlights
62K have watched the 149th open championship round 1

What does that prove?
Absolutely nothing!

Except maybe that I don't have an agenda ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

How many of the posts have actually been about the golf though compared to all the other non-golfing stuff? For example, during the last LIV event there was one post about the actual golf, which I believe was from yourself, about Chacarra (?) having a good round and being well placed for the final round. Apart from that there was nothing about the actual golf itself. But plenty of discussion around OWGR points and other non playing related issues. It would be interesting to see the split between posts about the actual golf and posts that are about the sideshow around it all on this thread. I'd guess it's in the region of 98% to 2% in favour of non golf posts. I know the old saying, but not all publicity is actually good publicity.

D

Deleted member 21445

Just purely as a golf event I think you have to question holding a Golf Tour event in Jeddah at this time of year.

My weather app says 35°C feels like 42°C

Players are wet through with sweat and not great conditions to encourage spectators.

D

Deleted member 1147

This thread is nothing, insignificant and prepubescent.
Swing it like hogan’s thread about HNSP was a monster compared to this infant of a thread.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
How many of the posts have actually been about the golf though compared to all the other non-golfing stuff? For example, during the last LIV event there was one post about the actual golf, which I believe was from yourself, about Chacarra (?) having a good round and being well placed for the final round. Apart from that there was nothing about the actual golf itself. But plenty of discussion around OWGR points and other non playing related issues. It would be interesting to see the split between posts about the actual golf and posts that are about the sideshow around it all on this thread. I'd guess it's in the region of 98% to 2% in favour of non golf posts. I know the old saying, but not all publicity is actually good publicity.
I watched a lot of it.
However I won’t post on it just to have it ripped apart by people who lead very sad lives.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some post in support of LIV, generally just to spice things up (afterall surely most people can't really give a damn about millionaire golfers getting even richer). Others post that everything about LIV is the devil's work (I mean really coming on here just to talk about viewing figures is quite sad). Most people really don't give damn about it, it doesn't effect their life, it doesn't stop them from watching whichever tour/events they want.

Those getting upset over "the war" between tours really need to get over it and just ignore LIV if it winds then up this much.

evemccc

Visit site
Being talked about doesn’t mean a good thing for the Tour when a lot of the talk is negative about it all -

Do the millions that the PGA Tour are throwing to the most ‘talked about’ players via the PIP fund also distinguish as to whether the talk is negative or positive?

Just curious

D

Deleted member 21445

Definite big improvement in Brooks Koepka since he started working with Claude Harmon again.
Watch out the majors next year if he rediscovers his game and confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Watching for about half an hour there and noticed something strange.

Either the commentary team dont know, they don't have shotlink, or have been told not to mention yardages. Pretty much every shot is described as

Heres such and such playing his 2nd to whatever hole.. oh good/bad shot.

Heres such and such for par/ birdie / bogie. Yeah made it / no slipped by.

No mention of any length of putt. Not even a guess. No mention of length of pitch shot.

The first time I heard someone mention a yardage was the on course commentator saying how long a par 3 is.

I find this really odd. Inundated with news of scores, team scores etc but no mention of yardages of the actual shot being played on screen. Weird.