LIV Golf

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If Rory, Rahm, and Scottie rang Shark and asked can he fit them in, there would be three other big cheques written for no-names to quietly vacate.

RRidges

Visit site
I'm glad you mentioned the quality of players at St Jude, comapred to the ISPS, because the exact same argument exists for the last LIV event when the quality of players was higher there, than it was at the Rocket Mortgage Classic, yet you don't want those LIV players getting ANY ranking points whatsoever.
I'm certain the timing of the LIV tournaments was quite deliberate to be at the same time as 'weaker' PGAT events.
The word ‘exodus’ has been used for weeks to predict the situation once the FedEx is finished. Time will tell, but it’s getting increasingly difficult to find people who are firmly on Monahans side regarding the stand off he has created.
Somehow, I doubt you are trying very hard. I suspect all those committed to PGAT or DPWT are firmly in the Monahan camp.

D

Deleted member 15344

It was, so that the two could operate alongside each other.

You really think that was why Greg Norman chose those dates?

Of course it would be too cynical to think that it might help them boost their viewing figures because he knows that they would be swallowed up going up against a major pga or ET event

Then what all the LIV bots can do is compare the LIV event with the PGAT event going on at the same time.

They will never go against a big PGA event and it’s not because of some idea about Co existing

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

RRidges

Visit site
It was, so that the two could operate alongside each other.
What? Why would they not have been able to operate alongside each other if against a stronger PGAT field? The only reason I can see for that is that the click count on YT for the LIV would likely have been less than it was! Understandable, but unless there's a proper reason, don't try to pass it off as anything other than (reasonable and expected) self-interest on LIV's part.
Btw. Note my update. I didn't think you'd respond so quickly.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
You really think that was why Greg Norman chose those dates?

Of course it would be too cynical to think that it might help them boost their viewing figures because he knows that they would be swallowed up going up against a major pga or ET event

Then what all the LIV bots can do is compare the LIV event with the PGAT event going on at the same time.

They will never go against a big PGA event and it’s not because of some idea about Co existing

Lol. As if they would have gone against a major!!

Puddled.com

RRidges

Visit site
They are full for 2023, but that doesn’t mean that the player list for 2023 is the one that is currently listed by LIV.
I can't remember actually seeing a 2023 LIV player list (happy to be shown one though). So how do you actually know that? Do you have access to LIV docs/info that the rest of us don't? Or is it merely unqualified speculation?
If it's the latter, kindly add the appropriate qualifier (I believe, I understand, I think etc) to them as stating such unqualified speculation as facts is, to me, up there with perjury or cheating at Golf!
FWIW, it's easy to set up a Ctrl/PF Key to autotype whichever one you choose.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
How do you actually know that? Do you have access to LIV docs/info that the rest of us don't? Or is it merely unqualified speculation?
If it's the latter, kindly add the appropriate qualifier (I believe, I understand, I think etc) to them as stating such unqualified speculation as facts is, to me, up there with perjury or cheating at Golf!

Seriously mate. It’s a golf forum with a few old blokes chewing the fat. If you want to take me to court, crack on.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't remember actually seeing a 2023 LIV player list (happy to be shown one though). So how do you actually know that? Do you have access to LIV docs/info that the rest of us don't? Or is it merely unqualified speculation?
I believe most of this thread is unqualified speculation.
Unless anyone is on the board,committee or in meetings with the powers that be,I would be taking everything as speculation.

RRidges

Visit site
Seriously mate. It’s a golf forum with a few old blokes chewing the fat. If you want to take me to court, crack on.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Not in the same country, so impractical.
Speaking of which, time to get back to work as golf with the boss again in a couple of hours - as the temp is down to mid 80s from mid 90s!