LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 23270

Seems people are happy to pay around £1,000 a year for Sky and yet I often hear people moaning about paying £1000 for their annual subs
Fixed that for you. Strange how people are prepared to pay as much to watch golf as they are to play golf.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Fixed that for you. Strange how people are prepared to pay as much to watch golf as they are to play golf.

As has already been pointed out, it’s not just golf. I have NowTV Sport which costs about £25 pm with deals. Which I consider very good value for the amount of sports I can watch.

I can also watch it on my phone and iPad.

If you really want the cost can be shared between 2 or 3 people.

Reactions: Val

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd rather pay £5000 to Sky than 5p to the BBC.

The BBC had the power to dominate everything and frittered it away. Their inward thinking created Sky and Pay per view. They destroyed progress for decades. Complacency and arrogance only ends one way. The BBC will be finished in 5 years.

Can you please explain how the BBC had the power to dominate our airwaves (assume you didn't mean literally everything) when their income has been severely limited by Government? There is just no way under the restrictions they work under could they now or ever have competed with SKY.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
DL3 saying that if LIv players sue to be able to play on the PGA then the rest of the PGA players "simply won't play with them".

evemccc

Visit site
DL3 saying that if LIv players sue to be able to play on the PGA then the rest of the PGA players "simply won't play with them".

I feel that may be wishful thinking…there are plenty of PGA tour players who ordinarily live with the threat of losing their card, and lots of extremely talented, young, no-name players on the PGA tour willing to fill their spots…. and plenty on the KF Tour who’d like their shot

If I understand correctly, if PGA Tour players like JT, Rory and Max Homa etc boycott events because LIV players are playing, they’re only going to harm their own tour and it’s ability to generate max sponsorship dollars down the road

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I feel that may be wishful thinking…there are plenty of PGA tour players who ordinarily live with the threat of losing their card, and lots of extremely talented, young, no-name players on the PGA tour willing to fill their spots…. and plenty on the KF Tour who’d like their shot

If I understand correctly, if PGA Tour players like JT, Rory and Max Homa etc boycott events because LIV players are playing, they’re only going to harm their own tour and it’s ability to generate max sponsorship dollars down the road
Not sure where such a move would get Rory and Co either. Would it then be a pgat event, filled with....LIV players ? So a 72 hole no shotgun LIV tournament badged as a pgat tour one.
And to the sponsors, they would be saying that they aren't playing because there would be a half dozen players (DJ, Bryson, ) the sponsor would love to have anyway.
No sense to that move.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

If they lose their place in the PGA due to the boycotting, at least they can always join LIV. :LOL:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
If you’re struggling to work out which side of the argument to choose, always choose the opposite to Trump and his mates

When Trump is leading the fans in a political chant at a golf event. I’ve seen everything I need to know about the people involved and that it’s not for me.

D

Deleted member 21445

Quite a few of the Liv players who said the attraction of Liv was playing less and spending more time with their family's have signed up to 2 events on the Asian Circiut in Singapore and Korea in August ???

Suppose they will be falling back on the "we are growing the game" tagine now then...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And some have applied for restraining orders to allow them to play in the FedEx playoffs........so now they want to play more golf..?

D

Deleted member 15344

Lawsuit apparently filed by a group of the LIV players against the PGA Tour. Interesting that DJ and Brooks aren't in the list of players.

View attachment 43692

How many events do they want to play ?

What are they actually suing for ? To be able to play in the events that they pick ?

Or they want their tour membership back along with their LIV membership and Asian Tour membership and ET membership ?‍♂️

Seems like they just want everything their way

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
And some have applied for restraining orders to allow them to play in the FedEx playoffs........so now they want to play more golf..?
Asked before but there were no replies, apart from Reed did any other players actually say they wished to play less?
I certainly speculated it may be a reason to jump as did some media