LIV Golf

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Asked before but there were no replies, apart from Reed did any other players actually say they wished to play less?
I certainly speculated it may be a reason to jump as did some media
I'm sure plenty of them said they wanted to spend more time with their families....= play less....:unsure:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
How many events do they want to play ?

What are they actually suing for ? To be able to play in the events that they pick ?

Or they want their tour membership back along with their LIV membership and Asian Tour membership and ET membership ?‍♂️

Seems like they just want everything their way
Wonder if in part is about trying to argue a principle via the courts? Maybe they think the average Joe in the US will view as individuals against a big Corp.(not saying I do). Personally I think they should stay away and play the Asian events as you mentioned.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wonder if in part is about trying to argue a principle via the courts? Maybe they think the average Joe in the US will view as individuals against a big Corp.(not saying I do). Personally I think they should stay away and play the Asian events as you mentioned.

it’s strange - the players have left to join another tour because ultimately it’s going to earn them more money , that’s fair enough but now they because there’s are no Liv events for a while they want to come back and play PGA tour events - the same tour they left ?‍♂️

D

Deleted member 21445

I have to say that if you joined Liv you shouldn't expect to walk back onto the PGA or DP Tour without some repercussions or bad feeling/response.

I guess they are all in on the Greg Norman "Were independent contractors" argument"

They knew the consequences of there actions when they left...

D

Deleted member 15344

I have to say that if you joined Liv you shouldn't expect to walk back onto the PGA or DP Tour without some repercussions or bad feeling/response.

I guess they are all in on the Greg Norman "Were independent contractors" argument"

They knew the consequences of there actions when they left...

I’m guessing if they are “independent contractors” that means any tour can cancel a contract or not take up a contract with a player ?‍♂️

Seems the players are also wanting compensation as well - are they not getting enough money ?‍♂️

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
it’s strange - the players have left to join another tour because ultimately it’s going to earn them more money , that’s fair enough but now they because there’s are no Liv events for a while they want to come back and play PGA tour events - the same tour they left ?‍♂️

I’m pretty certain a lot of these moves by golfers will have been well planned and thoroughly thought through. It’s one big game of chess and that includes the extremely well advised players.

D

Deleted member 21445

I'm pretty sure both sides have had lawyers look at the regulations and the liv players interpret those as giving them a case otherwise the action wouldnt have been actioned.

Also read somewhere that PIF is happy to fund these legal actions on behalf of the players..

If so...
The players will surely feel sod it let's roll the dice?????

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm pretty sure both sides have had lawyers look at the regulations and the liv players interpret those as giving them a case otherwise the action wouldnt have been actioned.

Also read somewhere that PIF is happy to fund these legal actions on behalf of the players..

If so...
The players will surely feel sod it let's roll the dice?????

It is interesting that the likes of DJ have just gone - thanks for a great time PGA Tour but I’m going to do something different , he is happy with his lot ?

Are the others worried they may not last long on the LIV