LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 1147

Absolutely, you think it's value, I think it's extortionate, neither one of us is right or wrong, but, when you are currently able to watch some of the worlds highest profile golfers play golf, for free, then it devalues the packages that Sky are offering.
Sky show the PGA tour, DP World Tour, Challenge Tour, Europro tour, LPGA and LET tours, plus PGA Champions Tour and Legends tour, as part of that package and there is something on 4 days a week, virtually every week.
LIV is only on a few times per year.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Sky show the PGA tour, DP World Tour, Challenge Tour, Europro tour, LPGA and LET tours, plus PGA Champions Tour and Legends tour, as part of that package and there is something on 4 days a week, virtually every week.

Yeah, I'd rather watch Dan Hendrikson or Rick Shiels than most of what you have listed there, and a lot of those are also available on You Tube. 14 LIV events next year that will sit between the majors, and everything else in terms of how much of my attention they'll attract.

I've got zero interest in sitting up late on a nigh to watch most of the PGA Tour events.

D

Deleted member 15344

Absolutely, you think it's value, I think it's extortionate, neither one of us is right or wrong, but, when you are currently able to watch some of the worlds highest profile golfers play golf, for free, then it devalues the packages that Sky are offering.

That Sky packages gives me a lot more than just PGA tour

24 hour golf - LPGA , leT , ET , Challenge Tour , Europro - the majors , Ryder Cup

On top of that - instructional videos , 30 mins tips , open zones , highlights of old events

And then there is all the other sports I can watch on it , plus Sky Go etc

Swango1980

Visit site
And, as an added bonus, if you like watching any other sports, Sky probably offer you a bonus on top of your golf. Football, F1, Cricket, etc. I'd imagine most sporty people have an interest in more than one sport.

I think the Sports Package is is about £45 per month? It amuses me that I know many people that would be happy to go to the cinema for one or 2 nights a month at ridiculous prices, or go out most weekends and piss £50-£100 against the wall. Or fund a heavy smoking habit. Yet, when they are asked to pay £45 a month to get access to continuous sport, nearly every night of the week if they want it, they start moaning about being ripped off.

It's fine. If you want to waste your money on other interests, feel free. We all have different lifestyles and interests. However, I can think of many other things that are a bigger waste of money than Sky.

Springveldt

Visit site
Extortionate?? I dont think so.

With a petty response like this, I will stand by my intial comment.
I'm guessing you will be in the minority if you don't think SKY is extortionate.

Seems like from your responses that the streaming world is slipping by you when you think you can't pause, rewind etc live streams. The YouTube broadcasts have been flawless for me in 1080p.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, I'd rather watch Dan Hendrikson or Rick Shiels than most of what you have listed there, and a lot of those are also available on You Tube. 14 LIV events next year that will sit between the majors, and everything else in terms of how much of my attention they'll attract.

I've got zero interest in sitting up late on a nigh to watch most of the PGA Tour events.

so when LIV get a commercial deal are you then going to bite the bullet and stump up to watch the best golf on TV or just try and find a dodgy stream - you mentioned both? Which way will you go?

Swango1980

Visit site
so when LIV get a commercial deal are you then going to bite the bullet and stump up to watch the best golf on TV or just try and find a dodgy stream - you mentioned both? Which way will you go?
See Post 5013. Apparently he'd be tempted to hand over his cash, yet he hasn't up to now, been willing to hand over his cash to watch the full schedule, including Majors and Ryder Cups.

Really strange that.

D

Deleted member 1147

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies "you would say that, wouldn't you"

4LEX

Visit site
Sunday night PGA viewing is the best of golf coverage. Lost count of all the brilliant late nights I've enjoyed watching it over the last decade or so. Meltdowns, crazy play offs, incredible finishes etc. With the time difference it's perfect.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I'm guessing you will be in the minority if you don't think SKY is extortionate.
I pay just under £100 a month for Sky (TV package only) and it’s a bargain.

A night out costs that easily these days with the price of booze, a kebab and a cab.
A meal at a half decent restaurant is around £120 for the 4 of us.
£100 goes nowhere these days and spanking it on sky makes sense to me.

evemccc

Visit site
Seems people are happy to pay around £1,000 a year for Sky and yet I often hear people moaning about paying £159 for a TV Licence.

Just think how great the BBC would be if the Licence was £1,000 a year, more channels, the ability to bid for sports broadcast, and no adverts.:)

I don’t need to daydream about an impossible future….
I can actually remember how great the BBC was in the late 80s and early 90s…no adverts (in recent years it advertises its own shows etc..which are still adverts), no social-engineering agenda, it’s tone was a calm reassuring and moderate authority, and it HAD all the sports with good commentary!

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t need to daydream about an impossible future….
I can actually remember how great the BBC was in the late 80s and early 90s…no adverts (in recent years it advertises its own shows etc..which are still adverts), no social-engineering agenda, it’s tone was a calm reassuring and moderate authority, and it HAD all the sports with good commentary!

I grew up watching the golf on BBC - Masters , The Open and The World Matchplay- it was very nice but it was also very limited , can’t ever remember watch the US Open or the USPGA

Or away test series in cricket , only one live football match a week

No club rugby on Telly

No international sports on Telly

It was all very limited

Subscription Tv came along - it gave you more choice , enabled people to see events they have never seen live before and overall it improved the professionalism of many of the sports

Thankfully there are still some Crown Jewels on terrestrial Telly

4LEX

Visit site
Seems people are happy to pay around £1,000 a year for Sky and yet I often hear people moaning about paying £159 for a TV Licence.

Just think how great the BBC would be if the Licence was £1,000 a year, more channels, the ability to bid for sports broadcast, and no adverts. :)

I'd rather pay £5000 to Sky than 5p to the BBC.

The BBC had the power to dominate everything and frittered it away. Their inward thinking created Sky and Pay per view. They destroyed progress for decades. Complacency and arrogance only ends one way. The BBC will be finished in 5 years.

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site

No it doesn't, I dont subscribe to Sky just for Golf.

I watch a lot of other sport and missing out on the LIV tour doesnt bother me one bit.

RRidges

Visit site
Is interesting how we have different preferences and views ?
Personally I found the most recent one had moved to be more similar to the regular broadcasts. There seemed to be a lot more coverage of players walking about & faffing around, where I'd have preferred they cut away for some golf shots and come back when ready. Also seemed to be showing more the holing out of 18 inch putts.
Anyway maybe this thread will slow down for a few weeks....
I agree. Feherty's casual commentary style has been a positive influence imo. Still areas to hate, but I'd be re-repeating myself. The team concept s simply :poop: and is THE thing that prevents me enjoying it - because of commentators emphasis! The format I can take or leave. It virtually disappears on the last day anyway, so simply a differentiating exercise.

RRidges

Visit site

The BBC had the power to dominate everything and frittered it away. Their inward thinking created Sky and Pay per view. They destroyed progress for decades. Complacency and arrogance only ends one way. The BBC will be finished in 5 years.
I'd be prepared to bet £5000 that that won't happen!

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Who actually watches PGA Tour golf tournaments?
If they do I would bet it’s almost solely the last round, and for a couple of hours at most…and then only very occasionally?

I would expect that the overwhelming bulk of golf viewing is the Majors and the Ryder Cup, and only then perhaps the Players at a distance behind

I’m pretty sure that two of the biggest supporters of the PGA Tour on this thread agreed that they rarely watched it

Watch it every week and not just Sunday night. Always find it enjoyable.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

I think you need to swot up on your history.