LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 21445

Make no mistake the result of this lawsuit is absolutely massive..

Liv Players lose and they just crack on with playing the Liv Tour and hope the world ranking points ger awarded to Liv events to gain access to majors (unless majors change the qualifying criteria)

Liv Players win and the whole golf landscape changes forever and the ? well and truly hits the fan..

D

Deleted member 21445

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet but golf channel reporting it's going to take a mimimum of 12 months for a decision on Liv getting world ranking points.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It's weird that you think you can get a golf only TV subscription for a grand a year.
Now TV offers all 11 Sky Sport channels - even Prem League (and Scottish) Football and Golf for around £400. 60 devices, including TV.

Reactions: Val

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet but golf channel reporting it's going to take a mimimum of 12 months for a decision on Liv getting world ranking points.

I read that a tour has to have been in operation for at least a year before it can be considered for world ranking points. I think that there are also other obstacles to LIV getting ranking points such as being invitational rather than players qualifying, no cut and only 54 holes rather than 72. There could be others that I haven't remembered.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

BubbaP

Visit site

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not even that high, there's an offer kicking around currently at £19.99 a month for sports for a year. 3 devices
Agreed! I've had that offer and just need to confirm that it includes Golf
Either way, your post 5047 was simply wrong!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm sure I saw a graphic that showed by that time, most of the LIV players would be outside the top 50, so unless they had another qualification method they would be out of the Majors.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I pointed out at the time Poulter did this to the ET (& no one disagreed then)… Surely no one expects the pgat to be above or to exclude itself from any appeals process by its current/former members?

I hope the liv guys fail in their action, but they absolutely have the right to question the validity, appropriateness & scale of the pgat actions. The pgat should not fear this (assuming they have acted correctly) Without the right to appeal it would mean the pgat tour could issue sanctions/suspensions to JT/Rory et al for doing or saying xyz and even if everyone else thinks its totally unwarranted the players wouldn’t be able to challenge it… you can’t have a part time appeal process based on public/private opinions

BubbaP

Visit site
it’s strange - the players have left to join another tour because ultimately it’s going to earn them more money , that’s fair enough but now they because there’s are no Liv events for a while they want to come back and play PGA tour events - the same tour they left ?‍♂️
The beeb are reporting:
Gooch, Swafford and Jones are requesting temporary relief to allow them to compete in the FedEx Cup play-offs, which start next week.

Seems a mixed bag with different players pushing for different things. Messy.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I pointed out at the time Poulter did this to the ET (& no one disagreed then)… Surely no one expects the pgat to be above or to exclude itself from any appeals process by its current/former members?

I hope the liv guys fail in their action, but they absolutely have the right to question the validity, appropriateness & scale of the pgat actions. The pgat should not fear this (assuming they have acted correctly) Without the right to appeal it would mean the pgat tour could issue sanctions/suspensions to JT/Rory et al for doing or saying xyz and even if everyone else thinks its totally unwarranted the players wouldn’t be able to challenge it… you can’t have a part time appeal process based on public/private opinions
Agreed. It's just a bit surprising that it has taken so long. Though LIV now having a 'stable'/full crew and having no tournament for a while has probably been a factor in the timing.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Agreed. It's just a bit surprising that it has taken so long. Though LIV now having a 'stable'/full crew and having no tournament for a while has probably been a factor in the timing.

Yeah Poulter 'timed it perfectly' for the Scottish open, and again if he fails in that challenge and his punishment has merely been postponed that's fine with me. The ET (and pgat) cant pick and choose when a punishment has the maximum effect by not affording the other parties access to the full process.
So if the players who were eligible for the fed-ex cup happen to have their indefinite tournament suspension suspended until its challenged through that due process that's fine too, however unpalatable that might be to other players, us fans, or the pgat itself. They (& we) need to suck it up, that's just the business they are in

D

Deleted member 21445

Almost. The fact he keeps calling it the Saudi Golf League is pretty unprofessional and frankly a bit petty. That’s not it’s name, he’s just using that to drum up emotions imho.

Yes I agree with that.
Have the class to refer to it by its proper name..

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes I agree with that.
Have the class to refer to it by its proper name..
Their goal is to grow the game of golf though, so I assume most of the tournaments will be in Saudi Arabia, the broader middle East, or other regions like probably Sri Lanka and Costa Rica where golf has yet to really develop. They will likely drop the London, New Jersey and Detroit type venues altogether where golf is well developed, once they get the proper Saudi based tournaments up and running and into the schedule.