LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Liv Golf reportedly in talks with TNT over a TV Network deal. (sorry if this has already been mentioned)

As nice as free You Tube viewing is they need to get a proper TV contract for more credibility.

This is stemming from LIV working with CAA who are now representing LIV for their media rights and sponsorship deals.
CAA also work with the PGAT, plus many other sports and sports teams.

It brings the people that fund the tours closer together, whether that means there is a resolution to the split in the mens game remains to be seen - at the moment that split appears to be being maintained by a few members of the PGAT board.

Last edited:

Fore Right

Visit site
Im more interested to see if there isnt an agreement before the end of Jan whether Liv are going to try and swipe another major PGA Tour player/players

Gotta think Xander who has been linked in the past is a prime target now he has a 5 year major exemption.

Really hope an agreement is found though because I have found myself losing interest in both the PGA Tour and Liv Golf in the latter part of the season.
Didnt watch any of the Fed Ex Playoffs or Liv Greenbrier

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Im more interested to see if there isnt an agreement before the end of Jan whether Liv are going to try and swipe another major PGA Tour player/players

Gotta think Xander who has been linked in the past is a prime target now he has a 5 year major exemption.

Really hope an agreement is found though because I have found myself losing interest in both the PGA Tour and Liv Golf in the latter part of the season.
Didnt watch any of the Fed Ex Playoffs or Liv Greenbrier

There are people out there suggesting LIV will move to 14 teams this next year - if that's the case, given there are still 2 non equity captains - you'd have think there may well be some big money moves on the table.

I'd imagine the PIF still want a merger agreement in place as soon as possible - but I suspect we'll see parties from both sides start to force the issue due to the lack of progress being made.

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
There are people out there suggesting LIV will move to 14 teams this next year - if that's the case, given there are still 2 non equity captains - you'd have think there may well be some big money moves on the table.

I'd imagine the PIF still want a merger agreement in place as soon as possible - but I suspect we'll see parties from both sides start to force the issue due to the lack of progress being made.
I don't think there will be a merger as such! I do think we will see cross over events! As to who will join Liv? Hovland and Matsuyama are possibles.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I don't think there will be a merger as such! I do think we will see cross over events! As to who will join Liv? Hovland and Matsuyama are possibles.

It's interesting that LIV have stated that team captains don't have immunity from relegation this year. There's only one that is realistically going to be affected by that - and that's Bubba. I listedned to the 1st part of the Fairway to Heaven podcast last night, and as with other interviews, he alludes that he might be ready to step back from a playing captains roll anyway, and get more involved with running the team and helping it's expansion. Whether we'd see another one of the Rangegoats take his place as captain, or whether there'd be a replacement from outside the league, I'm not sure - but it does mean an extra place is available on top of the others that will be created through the relegation zone.

As far as the merger is concerned - no, you aren't going to see the tours united as one - and I don't think anybody want's that - indeed, that was made clear by Yassir on June 6th last year. It will be more of a financial agreement that sees players able to cross over from different tours to LIV, and vice versa.

3 jabber

Visit site
It's interesting that LIV have stated that team captains don't have immunity from relegation this year. There's only one that is realistically going to be affected by that - and that's Bubba. I listedned to the 1st part of the Fairway to Heaven podcast last night, and as with other interviews, he alludes that he might be ready to step back from a playing captains roll anyway, and get more involved with running the team and helping it's expansion. Whether we'd see another one of the Rangegoats take his place as captain, or whether there'd be a replacement from outside the league, I'm not sure - but it does mean an extra place is available on top of the others that will be created through the relegation zone.

As far as the merger is concerned - no, you aren't going to see the tours united as one - and I don't think anybody want's that - indeed, that was made clear by Yassir on June 6th last year. It will be more of a financial agreement that sees players able to cross over from different tours to LIV, and vice versa.
How can Bubba expand his team?