LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Hmmm I think you are reading a bit too much into it. He speaks about going back to the PGAT but I could say the same. He would need to qualify just like me. A couple of sponsor invites isn't going to get him his card unless he wins, about the same odds as me winning on the PGA. His options are basically LIV, satellite tours or retirement.

I said he had an offer to go back to the PGAT which he declined - that's a fact based comment backed up by multiple people including Kim himself. We've no idea how many events he would have played - but he would have played some, you can be sure of that. I'm not sure it's me that reading too much into anything, infact I'd say, as is the norm, I'm dealing with people trying to undermine my views with tenuous opinion.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Where do you find these?

The final hole had grandstands on it. And they roped off the fairway so punters could follow up behind. So this would be view back from the grandstand.

View attachment 55020

The picture was from round 2, not day 3. Brooks was leading going into Day 2, whereas Rahm and Niemann would have been back in the 4th group - hence they're finishing on the 3rd hole - I suspect most of the galleries would have been around 18 and the fan village as the day drew to a close.

People need to adjust their perception of what to expect when there's a shotgun start, because you just aren't going to have masses of fans following multiple groups on days 1 and 2 - it's no different to when I was at Troon on the Friday and the grandstands around 18 were about half full as Rahm, Rory, Tommy, Bob Mac, Bryson and Hatton all headed down the stretch.

3 jabber

Visit site
I said he had an offer to go back to the PGAT which he declined - that's a fact based comment backed up by multiple people including Kim himself. We've no idea how many events he would have played - but he would have played some, you can be sure of that. I'm not sure it's me that reading too much into anything, infact I'd say, as is the norm, I'm dealing with people trying to undermine my views with tenuous opinion.
I think you are reading a couple of sponsors invites as a career on the PGA tour. Do you seriously think he can survive on the PGAT? I would say his chances of getting and retaining his card are virtually zero. His only chance of tour golf is LIV.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I think you are reading a couple of sponsors invites as a career on the PGA tour. Do you seriously think he can survive on the PGAT? I would say his chances of getting and retaining his card are virtually zero. His only chance of tour golf is LIV.

Nobody knows what his PGAT option was, you’ve got an opinion based on your own feeling and what you’ve read searching google, I’m basing mine on what AK is on record as saying - but that doesn’t even matter - the point I made was that he had a PGAT offer - one that was clearly tempting to him and worthy of consideration - if a Golf Monthly journalist is going to accuse AK of taking the easy money for playing on LIV, it’s important to balance that with the fact that he had the option to do that on the PGAT - something that is pointed out in his interview.

Maybe you need to digest these words from the man himself in reference to people making the same argument as you are now.

“The tour wouldn’t have you back……”

“You couldn’t play on any other tour”

“Thats how I know they’re stupid”

3 jabber

Visit site
Nobody knows what his PGAT option was, you’ve got an opinion based on your own feeling and what you’ve read searching google, I’m basing mine on what AK is on record as saying - but that doesn’t even matter - the point I made was that he had a PGAT offer - one that was clearly tempting to him and worthy of consideration - if a Golf Monthly journalist is going to accuse AK of taking the easy money for playing on LIV, it’s important to balance that with the fact that he had the option to do that on the PGAT - something that is pointed out in his interview.

Maybe you need to digest these words from the man himself in reference to people making the same argument as you are now.

“The tour wouldn’t have you back……”

“You couldn’t play on any other tour”

“Thats how I know they’re stupid”
All he said in his interview was that he had options. The PGAT doesn't hand out free playing rights, the best he could hope for is a couple of invites. Like I said, he is washed up and LIV is his only option now.