LIV Golf

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
4 players getting £4mil each for 18 holes on a course that’s $1500 a round

Everything that’s wrong with the sport - bankrolled by no doubt the Saudi money

Just dripping of trying to buy it all

The “match” was bad and cringey enough - this will be no better. Can just imagine the faux banter now

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

The “match” was bad and cringey enough - this will be no better. Can just imagine the faux banter now
A few players getting $4m they don't really need

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Where’s the source for the 4 millies each Phil?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Where’s the source for the 4 millies each Phil?

“Further details emerged on Thursday when Dan Rapaport reported he had heard each player was guaranteed $4 million in appearance money - the same number victorious LIV golfers earn per event.”

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I don't see any legal implications for the PGAT members in playing this event, whoever is promoting it. Maybe you could enlighten me.

PGAT players can play on a non conflicting date - and there aren’t many with the wrap around calendar, riight?

I’d think a half decent lawyer would use that as evidence in a monopoly argument at least.

Also, this is not really a legal point, but having two PGAT players, the two most famous outside of Tiger, on a LIV branded and produced piece of media, represents a significant step change in mens pro golf doesn’t it?

Last edited:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
PGAT players can play on a non conflicting date - and there aren’t many with the wrap around calendar, riight?

I’d think a half decent lawyer would use that as evidence in a monopoly argument at least.

Also, this is not really a legal point, but having two PGAT players, the two most famous outside of Tiger, on a LIV branded and produced piece of media, represents a significant step change in mens pro golf doesn’t it?

Not sure it will matter too much when the audience of that Liv branded account is that small the reach is very insignificant

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

“Further details emerged on Thursday when Dan Rapaport reported he had heard each player was guaranteed $4 million in appearance money - the same number victorious LIV golfers earn per event.”

Rapaport took down that information I believe as it was wrong.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

Of course, and you may or may not be right on the legalities of that, but what the hell has it got to do with this exhibition match.