LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Gates didn't open til 12 did they?

We ended up following the back roads to the main entrance and leaving the car on a grass verge on a wide bit of country road and walking the last mile.

Seemed a ball ache at the time but we were eating KFC at knutsford services before our mates from Stoke had even left the car park!

Was a good day, decent set up and the course was immaculate. Didn't see everyone we wanted to (Bryson and DJ) but ended up following quite a few groups round and enjoyed it.

"Party" hole was fun but a bit contrived, seemed to be a land of extremes - people were either singing along or just ignoring the songs.

Good day though and will definitely be back next year if JCB is hosting again.

They opened them at 11. There were queues at the entrance as we drove past and into the car park, but by the time we'd parked and walked round to the gate, the queue had gone and we went straight in. It was noticeably busier than last year at Centurion - although we went on the Friday then. Getting away from the course was a challenge but had the youth not had a union match in Sheffield this morning we'd have just stayed for the concert and waited for it to simmer down on the roads a little.

I'm not sure how long the contract is for between LIV and JCB, but it is multiple years - so it will be headed back there next year. (y)

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site

Never been his biggest fan,but changed my opinion on him yesterday.
Had a bit of banter with us yesterday after hitting a wayward tee shot that nearly hit us & he really interacted with the fans.

Probably a bit easier to do this when you're getting paid just to turn up......I suspect most weeks on the PGA were a bit of a grind, just trying to make the cut to get paid!

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
For what it’s worth I thought I’d write a review.

We got into the venue at 12.30. Everything was very well run (Saturday) and was surprised by this considering the bad reviews of the organisation on the Friday. Not easy to lug it around with a pushchair in tow but found the whole process incredibly easy.

I’ll start off with the kids zone. My 1, 5 and 10 year old were occupied the whole time. From ball pit / remote controlled diggers / airplanes doing tricks in the sky and even the bean bags at the fan village - they were throughly entertained, and that’s without any golf thrown in. Hats off to LIV golf for this.

My better half did not complain about anything once which is a shocker, probably because she wasn’t paying for anything 🤣. Those prices were definitely expected and I almost felt happy to pay £30 for 2 chicken gyros considering the very cheap prices of the entry tickets.

Due to having the sprogs in tow we only watched live action on holes 1,9,10 and 18 but that was more than enough considering our situation. Great to see some big names up close and doing well. The atmosphere was very good.

Around 3pm my friends and their families joined me and not quite sure how we found eachother considering the very poor phone signals. Couldn’t receive calls or text throughout the day.

My personal highlights were sinking a mega putt through the London Bridge for a HO1 😎

My eldest hitting the bullseye on the chipping board.

My friends son hitting Top Bins. Great scenes.

All memories caught on video which will have some shelf life for sure. Was a great day out and I’m made up knowing my family all enjoyed it. Means a lot to me and I know it does to my mate who brought his family along.

Already looking forward to the next LIV event. Can see this now being an annual event we can all attend together 👍

Swango1980

Visit site
My mate that went on Saturday:

A wrap and fries were £25. I slice of pizza was £16. £22 for a couple of pints. Good job the tickets to get in were dirt cheap.

He said he felt sorry for the players, because when the music stopped, they looked awkward about hitting their shot as they knew it would soon start up again, knowing it could do so as they started their swing. Would have been easier had the music been continual.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

A wrap and fries were £25. I slice of pizza was £16. £22 for a couple of pints. Good job the tickets to get in were dirt cheap.

He said he felt sorry for the players, because when the music stopped, they looked awkward about hitting their shot as they knew it would soon start up again, knowing it could do so as they started their swing. Would have been easier had the music been continual.

Which part of the course was he on?

Most food was priced around £13/14 - I paid that for Fish and Chips, and my beer was nowhere near £11 a pint.

Most of the food vans were the same ones that had been at The Open the week before, and prices were consistent

Swango1980

Visit site
Which part of the course was he on?

Most food was priced around £13/14 - I paid that for Fish and Chips, and my beer was nowhere near £11 a pint.

Most of the food vans were the same ones that had been at The Open the week before, and prices were consistent
No idea. He's a vegan, maybe they charge more for special dietary requirements?

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I went yesterday and overall enjoyed the experience. Quie a hilly couse but that led to better viewing opportunities. The only letdown was the travel. It took an hour to enter via Car and even longer to exit. They really need to improve that. Dis anyone who was there yestersay see what happened with Sergio on the 12th. He and the stewards were looking for his ball in the fields to the right of the green but he then came backand took a drop as if his ball was in the red penalty area water hazard. I'm unsure he could have been certain it was in there when he was intially searching in the field - odd?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No idea. He's a vegan, maybe they charge more for special dietary requirements?

My lad had an imaginary friend when he was little - he was called Gamageemoo.

It was quite cute back then but if he’s stiil referencing him when he’s am adult, I’d be a tad concerned….;)(y)

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
At any sporting event the cost of food , drink , merch etc will always be vastly over priced - they have a captive audience and will always look at any way to make money to try and get close to breaking even - even more so when it’s a tour that has limited income currently

Some of the prices charged at some stadiums is ridiculous

Swango1980

Visit site
My lad had an imaginary friend when he was little - he was called Gamageemoo.

It was quite cute back then but if he’s stiil referencing him when he’s am adult, I’d be a tad concerned….;)(y)
My mate, who I work with, went on Saturday with his dad and brother (the brother who wore a Tiger Woods T-Shirt that I referenced in here on Saturday morning). The first thing he mentioned this morning were the food prices, I was simply passing that information on.

Are you suggesting I am lying???

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
My mate, who I work with, went on Saturday with his dad and brother (the brother who wore a Tiger Woods T-Shirt that I referenced in here on Saturday morning). The first thing he mentioned this morning were the food prices, I was simply passing that information on.

Are you suggesting I am lying???

I’m just stating that the prices he’s given you don’t tally with what everyone else paid.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Maybe he was being ripped off. Were there loads of food and drink options dotted around the ground, run by independent companies?

You honestly think that would go unnoticed?

All the food and drink outlets were grouped in a a few locations, there’s no way somebody was mugging off punters for an extra £3+ on a pint over the bar a few yards away.

If he was in a hospitality area they could have paid more, but even then, Id imagine prices were standardised

wjemather

Visit site

The only way this tallies with the actual prices is if it was 2 wraps and 3 pints.
And they were a group of 3. Mystery solved.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Maybe he was being ripped off. Were there loads of food and drink options dotted around the ground, run by independent companies?

There were and, being a hungry fellow, I sampled a few of them and they were all roughly the same price - circa £10 to £15 for something and chips, or a pizza (full 9 inch).

Pints seemed to be £7.70 for Estrella at the 3 bars we went.

Swango1980

Visit site
I’m just stating that the prices he’s given you don’t tally with what everyone else paid.
He said he was in the fanzone area, right behind the 9th green.

He just showed me a receipt (Jim Tonic Fan Village) for £23.10, times 2. However, it has just dawned on him that his other brother (he had 2 there) was drinking early on, so that was for 3 pints. So that tallies up with £7.70 per pint.