LIV Golf

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Would this be a good addition to the LIV schedule? I'm not sure the Irish golf fans are onboard with LIV yet? I like the idea, but it probably needs to be a course that's more easily accessible, so somewhere in the south of England for me..

Guess playing a parkland wasn’t the best preparation for a links event the week after - it’s part of the reason I believe why the Scottish Open moved to a links course

You would think that playing some sort of links would be preferable before the event

I guess he says Ireland because it’s at Portrush next year -not sure what courses would take the event in Ireland - maybe Trumps at Doonbeg , or play at Turnberry

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guess playing a parkland wasn’t the best preparation for a links event the week after - it’s part of the reason I believe why the Scottish Open moved to a links course

You would think that playing some sort of links would be preferable before the event

I guess he says Ireland because it’s at Portrush next year -not sure what courses would take the event in Ireland - maybe Trumps at Doonbeg , or play at Turnberry

Turnberry would be a great shout 👌

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
One thing is for sure, it wil be very different to the experience you would get at a golf event on any other tour. Whether that's good or bad would depend on your point of view.

I believe this is the reason why I’m looking forward to it. The old traditional golf competitions would be a bit boring for myself and my tribe to attend 🤣

Get in in good time so you can do the fan village and merch tent before the golf if possible. There’ll be plenty of activities for the kids as well.
Once the players start their warm up drills, you could get a little starstruck, as you’ll have a bunch of some of the most famous players im the world all congregating in the practice areas at the same time.

Last year we walked out to a position where we could see some solid groups come through, then followed the last of those which had Sergio and Niemann in for a few holes, then picked up Phil, Brooks and Bryson followed them.

You’ll have a great day, its not overly long unlike our day at The Open last week, the music is great, loads of folk enjoying themselves - quality golf - enjoy(y)

Cheers bud.

I have just looked up who is on the line up and I recognise 11 out of the 54 names who will be playing, and those are mainly from me getting betting tips.

I am hoping this event will kick start something in my better half. Although she is one of the reasons I play golf it would definitely go a long way if she could be interested to play it one day. Booking family holidays / hotels will have endless amounts of potential.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
(y)

So be at the practice range at just the right time (along with everyone else) or you’ll miss all the action as you’ve only got the one opportunity & no matter what you paid for entry the golf will be over in short order compared to attending tournaments on other tours? Gotcha (y)

oh, in the many many dozens of posts about attending Tour events and Majors on this forum I think this is the 1st time anyone’s ever been warned about being startstruck! So best make sure of the location of 1st aid tent in the fan village ;)Cracking bit of advice

I’m up for watching golf from liv & any other tour but I didn’t realise just how much of a ‘fan’ one can be... I hope you all enjoy it anyway, I'll look forward to seeing the highlights on the box 🏌️‍♂️

It’s his first golf tournament mate, absolutely no need for the mocking tone to your post.

And if you think a condensed version of golf as an alternative to the long drawn format of tour golf is a bad thing, well there’s no point me having the debate.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It’s his first golf tournament mate, absolutely no need for the mocking tone to your post.

And if you think a condensed version of golf as an alternative to the long drawn format of tour golf is a bad thing, well there’s no point me having the debate.

Listen, I admire your passion and positivity for liv, I really do. But the overtly positive spin on that post just tickled me in a way you maybe didn’t intend or foresee & it prompted a post of the equally true flipside to it

I reckon he and the family will have a great day out (with or without the sugar coating)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Listen, I admire your passion and positivity for liv, I really do. But the overtly positive spin on that post just tickled me in a way you maybe didn’t intend or foresee & it prompted a post of the equally true flipside to it

I reckon he and the family will have a great day out (with or without the sugar coating)

I just tell it like it is Slab.

As you’ll know from following this thread.

I’m looking forward to drawing some close comparisons fresh off a trip to The Open last week - the size of which blew both myself and the youth away, but the product felt lacking - even on the Friday before many good players went home.

Golf is fun

Visit site
I'm heading there tomorrow with my daughter in tow, so will see how it goes. She's been to a couple of Opens, PGA and LPGA events and now this, so it will be interesting (to me at least) to hear the perspective of a child with no clue as to the politics behind the different events.
The biggest impact on her opinion will likely be how accessible the players are, the LPGA events are fantastic for this, the mens events historically not so much.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Often wonder if that is overplayed.
Rose, Lawrence and Horschel all missed the cut the week before :unsure: