LIV Golf

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Having someone challenge a pro ( and it’s normally an under privileged kid or aspiring amateur) is just a touch different than a hole full of smashed up idiots acting like it’s Saturday night on the town throwing beer and bottles all over the place

It has no place in golf - and that’s regardless of what tour it’s on

But to compare it to a “beat the pro” challenge which prob has a chance of inspiring someone is laughable

Having people smashed up and shouting their heads off and throwing stuff around is not “novel” - if it happens in football it’s close to hooliganism

Is that what happens on a LIV party hole ? I've seen it like that at waste mngt but I haven't watched enough LIV to know if its the same/better/worse on that tour & in the UK

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Not good that, hopefully it'll be an isolated incident and the uk event won't have just smashed up idiots on that hole. Still, as bad as that is I doubt any tour would cease a popular initiative like that assuming it doesn't get repeated/worse
If it’s full and people have paid £1400 to be there why would they stop?

Unlimited beer never ends well in any setting.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Having someone challenge a pro ( and it’s normally an under privileged kid or aspiring amateur) is just a touch different than a hole full of smashed up idiots acting like it’s Saturday night on the town throwing beer and bottles all over the place

It has no place in golf - and that’s regardless of what tour it’s on

But to compare it to a “beat the pro” challenge which prob has a chance of inspiring someone is laughable

Having people smashed up and shouting their heads off and throwing stuff around is not “novel” - if it happens in football it’s close to hooliganism

I just remembered I watched the beat the pro the ET just uploaded earlier this week and none really struck me from commentary as underprivileged, couple of youngsters, some VIPs/sponsors and Radar ! One winner was a full grown adult off 26 handicap i think

(I'm sure now and again there will be some aspiring underprivileged kid & rightly so, but lets not make it out to be anything more than a bit of fun)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Not good that, hopefully it'll be an isolated incident and the uk event won't have just smashed up idiots on that hole. Still, as bad as that is I doubt any tour would cease a popular initiative like that assuming it doesn't get repeated/worse

Just like the streakers, and lads fighting at the WMO - it will always happen when there’s alcohol involved. It definitely isn’t unique to LIV, or golf.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I just remembered I watched the beat the pro the ET just uploaded earlier this week and none really struck me from commentary as underprivileged, couple of youngsters, some VIPs/sponsors and Radar ! One winner was a full grown adult off 26 handicap i think

(I'm sure now and again there will be some aspiring underprivileged kid & rightly so, but lets not make it out to be anything more than a bit of fun)

That’s sort of stuff has been happening for years , it’s the same with Pro Am’s before events

There is no comparison to people being encouraged to drink themselves into oblivion and then act like yobs

Just like the streakers, and lads fighting at the WMO - it will always happen when there’s alcohol involved. It definitely isn’t unique to LIV, or golf.
And when that happens at the Waste management many are very critical of it

It’s just as bad regardless of what tour it is

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
That’s sort of stuff has been happening for years , it’s the same with Pro Am’s before events

There is no comparison to people being encouraged to drink themselves into oblivion and then act like yobs

And when that happens at the Waste management many are very critical of it

It’s just as bad regardless of what tour it is

Jeez Phil drop the bone! The (bleedin obvious) comparison I made is they are both initiatives being used on tours to add some spice/entertainment, end of. Stop trying to read anything more into than that

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Did you get tickets in the end?
I'm considering going for the Sunday but currently none of my golfing buddies are available to come with me so deciding if I can bothered to drive up from Gloucestershire, I came up for the Seniors event there last year (on the day it was cancelled due to rain) - I've played the course 3 times so it might be nice to watch the Pros' playing it...

Anyone else attending?
Yep. I'm going on the Sunday with my wife. She generally likes watching sport but doesn't play golf and has never been to a golf tournament. I think LIV's format and style might prove to be an easy and appealing gateway into the sport. Time will tell...

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Blandy interview on the GM YouTube channel.

Looks like ot was recorded a few weeks back prior to his US Senior Open win, and the Houston LIV event - which the Cleeks did win - RB suggesting that a ‘W’ was coming for the team (y)