LIV Golf

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
It will change. Rumours are the new city they're building near Riyadh will allow booze in the hotels, similar to Dubai.

They opened a shop recently but huge restrictions on who can buy from it and very much limited on the amount - was done to help combat alcohol smuggling etc

and even that shop caused issues and is far from widely accepted

I don’t see it’s a change that’s going to get near what’s in other Middle East states

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Going to take a massive shift for that , Saudi is worlds away , it’s more than a few years

It’s still a country that you are advised to not travel too as well

Going to need a huge cultural shift there
I agree to an extent but my guess is in roughly 10 years, you'll see people start to go there.

And agree with alcohol. It's difficult to attract the Western world if you're not allowed a beer or some wine.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I always assumed the alcohol ban in Saudi was due to their Islamist beliefs - but it was actually implemented when one of the princes shot a British diplomat dead after a few jars.

Saudi Arabia’s founding monarch, King Abdulaziz, stopped the sale of alcohol after a 1951 incident in which one of his sons, Prince Mishari, became intoxicated and used a shotgun to kill British vice-consul Cyril Ousman in Jeddah

Brings a new meaning to the question of "Let's do shots"... :oops:

One of those countries with a complex history I guess, a lot of in that part of world.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
To summarise - Spieth, Tiger, Cantlay et al - can't decide what they want.

Will Yasir get bored at any point and take a more nuclear option I wonder?

1718776581876.png

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree to an extent but my guess is in roughly 10 years, you'll see people start to go there.

And agree with alcohol. It's difficult to attract the Western world if you're not allowed a beer or some wine.
I agree that once this shop opens and becomes seen as "normal" to some degree then others will follow and eventually it will start to become like UAE and if they continue to have big sporting events then there will be more tourists coming in anyway. It will take time but it will happen

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
To summarise - Spieth, Tiger, Cantlay et al - can't decide what they want.

Will Yasir get bored at any point and take a more nuclear option I wonder?

View attachment 53831
It says “both parties” 🤷‍♂️ yet you summarise it’s just one 🤷‍♂️

It’s quite clearly a very complex enterprise that they are trying to sort out between them so would expect for it to take its time to ensure it’s acceptable for the majority

Lots of cards being held on the PGAT so they will make sure they feel the benefit of any connection with PIF

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It says “both parties” 🤷‍♂️ yet you summarise it’s just one 🤷‍♂️

It’s quite clearly a very complex enterprise that they are trying to sort out between them so would expect for it to take its time to ensure it’s acceptable for the majority

Lots of cards being held on the PGAT so they will make sure they feel the benefit of any connection with PIF

Yasir met them two weeks ago Phil, the meeting yesterday was amongst the PGAT board to discuss and potentially vote on the offer in the table.

They didn’t

Thats all.

Fore Right

Visit site
Feels like this whole Bryson tidal wave of popularity could be a turning point for Liv in the USA.

Crowds in Nashville are huge, especially following the big fella.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Feels like this whole Bryson tidal wave of popularity could be a turning point for Liv in the USA.

Crowds in Nashville are huge, especially following the big fella.

Whoever is doing his PR deserves a massive bonus. I still don't like the guy but can't deny he seems to have created a new image that is appealing to a lot of people.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Looking at getting tickets for LIV at JCB in July,anyone know if you buy tickets direct from LIV?

Did you get tickets in the end?
I'm considering going for the Sunday but currently none of my golfing buddies are available to come with me so deciding if I can bothered to drive up from Gloucestershire, I came up for the Seniors event there last year (on the day it was cancelled due to rain) - I've played the course 3 times so it might be nice to watch the Pros' playing it...

Anyone else attending?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'm considering going for the Sunday but currently none of my golfing buddies are available to come with me so deciding if I can bothered to drive up from Gloucestershire, I came up for the Seniors event there last year (on the day it was cancelled due to rain) - I've played the course 3 times so it might be nice to watch the Pros' playing it...

Anyone else attending?

We intend going on the Saturday. I’ve got tickets for The Open as well - unlike LIV I cant do it there amd back in the day so its turning into a costly few weeks watching golfers.
The lad wants to see Tiger though, and i doubt he’ll get many more opportunities.

Hopefully some LIV players show well in The Open, should set up the JCB event nicely.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Anyone else attending?
Yes we’ve got them for the Saturday.
Travelling Friday & getting a round in,then stopping over.
Few beers & a Indian Friday night ☺️