LIV Golf

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Here's one report on a survey/poll from 2022:

I’m not sure using a poll taken after 1 Liv event about people’s ‘plans’ holds all that much weight

The younger generations live on their phones. The facts of the matter are the YouTube live streaming numbers are very low, and the app has got awful traction, so they’re not engaging with it in a way they digest the rest of their content.

It would therefore be reasonable to deduce that the younger generation haven’t been captured to any meaningful degree whatsoever.

wjemather

Visit site
Editor's note: This poll was not commissioned by Morning Read or Sports Illustrated. Will Johnson, CEO of the Harris Poll, is a guest columnist.

Sorry, never heard of 'Harris Poll". Do you have a recognised and credible source, not just another internet blogger?
I can't tell if you are being serious or not, but...

D

Deleted member 21445

PGAT loses another long time sponsor.

Farmers Insurance join
Wells Fargo
AT&T
Honda

Surely they knew asking sponsors for significantly more money while providing a weakened diluted product to before was only going to end one way

D

Deleted member 15344

PGAT loses another long time sponsor.

Farmers Insurance join
Wells Fargo
AT&T
Honda

Surely they knew asking sponsors for significantly more money while providing a weakened diluted product to before was only going to end one way

sponsers come and go just as they have over the decades

They will be replaced

Honda already has a new one

It is a shame that the greed of the players is driving the issues within the tours

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
sponsers come and go just as they have over the decades

They will be replaced

Honda already has a new one

It is a shame that the greed of the players is driving the issues within the tours
Whilst the players have gone for crazy money, and I'll admit it was just a quick Google.

It looks to me that on Scottie actually earned more on the tour than Monohan.

Maybe some of them players felt aggrieved that someone not putting bums on seats so to speak was over paid?

D

Deleted member 15344

Whilst the players have gone for crazy money, and I'll admit it was just a quick Google.

It looks to me that on Scottie actually earned more on the tour than Monohan.

Maybe some of them players felt aggrieved that someone not putting bums on seats so to speak was over paid?

No idea what Monahan is/was getting paid , guess it’s prob in line with most sports league CEO’s or should say US sports league -

Goodell for example earns $60mil a year

NBA - £10mil

MLB - £15mil

NHL - £10mil

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
No idea what Monahan is/was getting paid , guess it’s prob in line with most sports league CEO’s or should say US sports league -

NBA - £10mil

MLB - £15mil

NHL - £10mil
A little goggle says that the highest earners in all those sports earn more than the CEO.

I accept that the players went for cash and at least sone admitted it, but If I'm the prize asset in sports I'd wanna earn more than the ceo.

D

Deleted member 15344

A little goggle says that the highest earners in all those sports earn more than the CEO.

I accept that the players went for cash and at least sone admitted it, but If I'm the prize asset in sports I'd wanna earn more than the ceo.

I guess it’s the same with players and managers in other sports - managers dont ever get paid close to what the players do but are key to it all working

A CEO in this case is key to bringing it all together to give the players the big money when it’s not coming from a single source

PGAT is a billion plus dollar business - the CEO will get paid in line with other ceos especially in sports

Then you look at the Premier League and the chairman gets £5mil a year

Then you have LIV and Norman who is reported to get £50mil a year

wjemather

Visit site

NBA - £10mil

MLB - £15mil

NHL - £10mil
That would have been more believable if you hadn't taken the time to search for and list how much the other 4 make.

D

Deleted member 15344

That would have been more believable if you hadn't taken the time to search for and list how much the other 4 make.

Or when I started the message I wasn’t aware of what Monahan was paid and then was able to multi task and type and search at the same times as I looked up the other CEO wages etc - multi tasking is great
This will be met with a little bit of the never heard of hims, but looks like Rahm is giving an amateur kid a slot on his team.

Caleb Surrat - ranked 10th in the men’s am rankings.

It will be met with “never heard” of him because that’s the case

It’s having to go to college kids to fill teams because they are unable to persuade others to jump ship - I’m guessing it’s not exactly the stellar team that Rahm and all the LiV fans had in mind when he left

What happened to the likes of

Day , Finau ,Scott , Hovland , Hatton

Thet were going to be part of his super team

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Or when I started the message I wasn’t aware of what Monahan was paid and then was able to multi task and type and search at the same times as I looked up the other CEO wages etc - multi tasking is great

It will be met with “never heard” of him because that’s the case

It’s having to go to college kids to fill teams because they are unable to persuade others to jump ship - I’m guessing it’s not exactly the stellar team that Rahm and all the LiV fans had in mind when he left

What happened to the likes of

Day , Finau ,Scott , Hovland , Hatton

Thet were going to be part of his super team

I’d imagine that some players don’t want to commit to LIV yet, because of the ongoing OWGR /Major qualification issues.

LIV will always need to look at the amateur ranks for prospects of course, it’s part and parcel of the team element, as it is in other sports.

If Wyndham is correct, that’s the player at number 10 in the OWGR rankings, which would give Rahm a reasonably strong team.

Don’t be surprised if one of those players you’ve mentioned also moves across, there are still places available on some teams. Samooja is going to Cleeks, who need one other player. I’d guess Kozuma will join the iron heads, which leaves two spaces between the Cleeks and Ripper.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’d imagine that some players don’t want to commit to LIV yet, because of the ongoing OWGR /Major qualification issues.

LIV will always need to look at the amateur ranks for prospects of course, it’s part and parcel of the team element, as it is in other sports.

If Wyndham is correct, that’s the player at number 10 in the OWGR rankings, which would give Rahm a reasonably strong team.

Don’t be surprised if one of those players you’ve mentioned also moves across, there are still places available on some teams. Samooja is going to Cleeks, who need one other player. I’d guess Kozuma will join the iron heads, which leaves two spaces between the Cleeks and Ripper.

Getting players from college is not going to get the sponsors and media deals flooding in

After Rahm signing that was supposed to be a floodgate moment and it would be followed by a significant number of others

The events only have 48 players in them and half of those players are not going to be those that people turn on to watch

Samoja

a 35 year journeyman who hasn’t made a cut in a major and has never been in the top 100

And Kozuma - suspect never been heard of by anyone

Ranking points and major entry’s aren’t going to be changing any time soon

they are getting amateurs not because it’s “part and parcel of the team element” - it’s because they need to fill the spots

D

Deleted member 29109

Getting players from college is not going to get the sponsors and media deals flooding in

After Rahm signing that was supposed to be a floodgate moment and it would be followed by a significant number of others

The events only have 48 players in them and half of those players are not going to be those that people turn on to watch

Samoja

a 35 year journeyman who hasn’t made a cut in a major and has never been in the top 100

And Kozuma - suspect never been heard of by anyone

Ranking points and major entry’s aren’t going to be changing any time soon

they are getting amateurs not because it’s “part and parcel of the team element” - it’s because they need to fill the spots
I’m sure they will spin it as a positive. Growing the game ore ensuing they have the best future stars

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Bit of a snoozefest tbh.
It's a bit like a premier league footballer at the top of his game, packing it all in to play for the local pub team on a Sunday.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I know this is a bit simplistic, and everyone appears to be very entrenched in their views on it but there’s multiple football leagues in the world and there’s multiple rugby leagues in the world and there’s multiple cricket leagues in the world. Why can’t there be another golf tour?

Cricket leagues follow the sun to a large extent but the same players can be seen playing in different leagues.

I just don’t get the anti feelings. It’ll stand or fall by how it progresses. It’s unlikely to cause any real harm to the current tours, it might even force them to improve their products.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Part of the problem is that LIV want to be ranked alongside the existing Tours but they're not playing the same game.
In cricket you have Test rankings, 1 day rankings, T20 rankings because these are not the same game....
How can you rank a Test Match bowler against a T20 bowler....?
The basic game is the same but there are huge differences as well.
This is the problem with 54 holes, no cut etc etc....
Play the same game and everything falls into place.