LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No cuts , reduced fields have been happening for years - the WGCs were the top 70 only and there was no cut - don’t think that’s ever been an issue. Events that have played less than 72 holes are mainly those that are hit by weather delays or a development tour - but it’s not an issue

For the likes of the OWGR and the Major exemptions etc they aren’t an issue and there are ways to allow points to those events

The issues occur because

It’s the same players every event, it’s a closed shop with invites but every event it’s the same 48 or 52 players ,

There is a manufactured team competition going on at the same time and there is the chance for collusion which a player even admitted to not going for a shot fully because it may harm the team score

And there is very little “punishment” for playing badly - multiple players were shocking yet didn’t lose a card because they were protected - tough for someone who performs better but then gets dropped - it’s not great competition

And then there is the whole wanting the best of all the worlds - players wanted to play on a tour that offered them huge amounts of money and they played less , don’t then complain when you can no longer be afforded the rewards on offer from the other tours

If LIV was created and the players just played their events , took their money and had a nice life then I suspect many wouldn’t care - the constant slating of the PGAT and DPT and the CeOs and the majors etc and the daily nonsense from paid LIV bots has done nothing but harm tour golf to the point where it’s actually putting many off watching any golf outside the majors

And then add in the lack of awareness from players - BDC the latest going on about “wanting to big together and join together” - the split only happened because of people like him moving

Tour golf is a mess - it’s a mess driven by money , it’s a mess driven by greed of players and it’s a mess driven by a state regime wanting to buy everything - the sport wasn’t perfect before but it’s getting close to being beyond repair when it comes to the Tours

The PGAT is a mess Phil, they’ve banned too many players from their tour to retain the value that the tour once had.
That was their choice to make of course.

Who are the paid LIV boys anyway? Is there a list where we can see who they are?

D

Deleted member 15344

The PGAT is a mess Phil, they’ve banned too many players from their tour to retain the value that the tour once had.
That was their choice to make of course.

Who are the paid LIV boys anyway? Is there a list where we can see who they are?

Yes it was the choice of the PGAT to not allow the players that left to play on the PGAT , the players knew that and they knew what they would gain or would lose by going to LIV , and those players made that choice as well

I suspect anyone on social media mainly Twitter can see who the paid LIV bots are

D

Deleted member 15344

Care to name some? I’d be interested to check out their profiles to see if I concur.
Think it’s clear but here is a few

IMG_7374.png

Then add in the LIV fan boys and those that claim to be “balanced” but are actually LIV fans etc etc - Twitter world is full of them

wjemather

Visit site

[image removed]

Then add in the LIV fan boys and those that claim to be “balanced” but are actually LIV fans etc etc - Twitter world is full of them
Well the official accounts are certainly paid by LIV but they're probably not bots, and writing off all fan accounts as "paid LIV bots" is just lazy and symptomatic of a very weak argument.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well the official accounts are certainly paid by LIV but they're probably not bots, and writing off all fan accounts as "paid LIV bots" is just lazy and symptomatic of a very weak argument.
What is the weak argument ?

Is there no division at all when it comes to the tours ? Is there not a lot of stuff all over Twitter - LIV fans slagging off PGAT players

And I don’t believe I said that all fan accounts were paid LIV bots 🤷‍♂️

As for a perfect example of two recent “LIV” fans or bots that show their

The snide comments about Fowlers Hat

It was poor taste - someone doing something good charity and that’s what a LIV account is doing

Same with the Pelley dancing stuff for charity - it’s just snidey , and that’s the same for any PGA account etc

It’s embarrassing from both sides

wjemather

Visit site
What is the weak argument ?

Is there no division at all when it comes to the tours ? Is there not a lot of stuff all over Twitter - LIV fans slagging off PGAT players

And I don’t believe I said that all fan accounts were paid LIV bots 🤷‍♂️

As for a perfect example of two recent “LIV” fans or bots that show their

The snide comments about Fowlers Hat

It was poor taste - someone doing something good charity and that’s what a LIV account is doing

Same with the Pelley dancing stuff for charity - it’s just snidey , and that’s the same for any PGA account etc

It’s embarrassing from both sides
(paraphrasing)
Phil: (mid hysterical rant) ...daily nonsense from paid LIV bots has done nothing but harm tour golf...
Mel: who are the paid LIV bots?
Phil: anyone on social media can see who the paid LIV bots are
Mel: who are they?
Phil: here is a few... then add in the LIV fan boys

There will always be idiots making snarky comments on the internet without having all the facts to hand - doesn't make them bots; just makes them idiots.
It's bit like having a pop at Bryson, taking a quote out of context when he was essentially just repeating what he has being saying for 18 months.

D

Deleted member 15344

(paraphrasing)
Phil: (mid hysterical rant) ...daily nonsense from paid LIV bots has done nothing but harm tour golf...
Mel: who are the paid LIV bots?
Phil: anyone on social media can see who the paid LIV bots are
Mel: who are they?
Phil: here is a few... then add in the LIV fan boys

There will always be idiots making snarky comments on the internet without having all the facts to hand - doesn't make them bots; just makes them idiots.
It's bit like having a pop at Bryson, taking a quote out of context when he was essentially just repeating what he has being saying for 18 months.

Where is the hysterical rant ?

You are right about idiots making snarky comments on social media comments though 👍

Yes BDC said

"He realizes the game has to come back together. As do all of us," DeChambeau said in an interview with Sports Illustrated. “I’ve said from Day 1 I want the game to come back together. We need the game to come back together. Not just for ourselves to play against the best players. But for the fans to see us play against each other again. And for the game of golf to grow the way we know it can.

Does he realise that the day before day 1 maybe day 0 🙄 that all the players were together ,all the best players were playing against each other , there was no split until him and a number of other players split

He knows what the easiest way to get the game back together - him and others rejoin the main tours - seems simple enough , unless there is something stopping him doing that - wonder what that could be

I see he also claims he was “pushed out” ? Sorry who pushed him - did he not go to LIV on his own accord

But it’s all rinse and repeat from most of the players who went to LIV - they act like they are very much hard done by , I guess that’s what happens when you chase the money and then cant take responsibility of your own choices

wjemather

Visit site
Where is the hysterical rant ?

You are right about idiots making snarky comments on social media comments though 👍

Yes BDC said

"He realizes the game has to come back together. As do all of us," DeChambeau said in an interview with Sports Illustrated. “I’ve said from Day 1 I want the game to come back together. We need the game to come back together. Not just for ourselves to play against the best players. But for the fans to see us play against each other again. And for the game of golf to grow the way we know it can.

Does he realise that the day before day 1 maybe day 0 🙄 that all the players were together ,all the best players were playing against each other , there was no split until him and a number of other players split

He knows what the easiest way to get the game back together - him and others rejoin the main tours - seems simple enough , unless there is something stopping him doing that - wonder what that could be

I see he also claims he was “pushed out” ? Sorry who pushed him - did he not go to LIV on his own accord

But it’s all rinse and repeat from most of the players who went to LIV - they act like they are very much hard done by , I guess that’s what happens when you chase the money and then cant take responsibility of your own choices
The answers are all there. Maybe you should stop taking quotes out of context?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
You missed @RickShielsPGA

Shiels seems pretty balanced on his views on LIV, even though the Saudi's are invested in him - you'd think it would be the other way round wouldn't you?

Maybe the whole concept of "paid LIV bots" is a bit misguided and the accounts are just regular people who have an interest in the series? I've seen loads and loads and loads of info posted on social media with regard to LIV, and I've yet to see anything that suggests there are people being paid to promote LIV. Conversely, we've all seen the evidence that suggests golf media with access to the PGAT were warned off reporting positively on LIV in order to keep their credentials.

The people that I know and trust to come out with info, definitely aren't on the PIF payroll.

Does it really matter anyway?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

View attachment 51457

Here you go Phil.

Tom is saying the Wyndham transfer could be off - one of your paid LIV bots says they would be very surprised if that were the case...

Who do I trust?

Surely the paid dude will be on the money - if you'll pardon the pun?