LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

Here you go Phil.

Tom is saying the Wyndham transfer could be off - one of your paid LIV bots says they would be very surprised if that were the case...

Who do I trust?

Surely the paid dude will be on the money - if you'll pardon the pun?

I think through the whole 18 months etc it’s easier to believe when things actually happened because many names have been posted in regards who is joining or not

Suspect the whole top 100 at one point has been rumoured

If Flushing it got his “exclusive” from a Spanish account that posted Rahm was in talks

But since Rahm arrived there was supposed to be a flood of players arriving if you read the social media accounts

Finau , Hatton , Scott , Day etc

But it was the same as last year when it ended up being Pieters who joined

what needs to be a needle mover is if someone joins purely for the sport and not the big contract offer

The whole saga and most of the traffic has been rumours etc but it’s hard to see where LIV has moved forward beyond adding Rahm at a cost of half a billion

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Interesting viewpoint from the outgoing Pelley, who is another voice behind unification of the game as a global operation.

I think it's becoming pretty clear that there are a few names from the PGAT that would like to keep it as it was, a domestic US based tour - but surely that ship is at the very least, getting ready to sail?

D

Deleted member 15344

Who's the guy making allegations against him Phil?

Saad Al-Jabri

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Saad Al-Jabri

Accused of embezzling 4 billion dollars before he fled Saudi - I'm sure it would make for an interesting discussion, but it would pretty quickly veer down a political path.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
We'll see if the new DPWT CEO brings any change of direction, or continues on similar path.
If there is going to be some re-balancing of men's pro golf in next couple of years I suspect many on here would welcome a stronger DPWT.

Back to thread title, it is probably consistent with a couple of years ago that Samooja is still playing DPWT events. Whereas Rahm was immediately indefinitely suspended from the PGAT.

Padraig offering some views...

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
We'll see if the new DPWT CEO brings any change of direction, or continues on similar path.
If there is going to be some re-balancing of men's pro golf in next couple of years I suspect many on here would welcome a stronger DPWT.

Back to thread title, it is probably consistent with a couple of years ago that Samooja is still playing DPWT events. Whereas Rahm was immediately indefinitely suspended from the PGAT.

Padraig offering some views...

LIV players featuring in a lot of DPWT events I think would be great! Should strengthen the tour with some big names playing regularly.

I’m bored of the PGAT being the only option for top players which at present it is really!

D

Deleted member 15344

LIV players featuring in a lot of DPWT events I think would be great! Should strengthen the tour with some big names playing regularly.

I’m bored of the PGAT being the only option for top players which at present it is really!

DPWT has always been an option for the big players and they have played in those events

The LIV players that are eligible to play are only doing it to find a way to get ranking points - certainly not to support the tour in any shape or form.

D

Deleted member 21445

Incredible how much Rory's rhetoric has changed this season.

Think his idea of a champions league of worldwide events sitting above the PGAT, LIV and DPWT is a good one.

Each tours players play their way into those events via their tours, thus bringing all the best players back together and they don't just play in the USA.

D

Deleted member 15344

Incredible how much Rory's rhetoric has changed this season.

Think his idea of a champions league of worldwide events sitting above the PGAT, LIV and DPWT is a good one.

Each tours players play their way into those events via their tours, thus bringing all the best players back together and they don't just play in the USA.

There is already events that are above the tours - they are called the Majors 🤷‍♂️

And before there were already events like the WGC

Paul McGinley for once actually made a good point

Most of the money for the events comes from the US telly market - there has never been a desire from other areas to make it “world wide” - WGC events in China struggled even with the top 70 playing because the biggest market in the sport was fast asleep.

A world tour with big money etc is never going to be financially sustainable or have the appeal - India for example it wouldn’t get near the main sports there.

And when do these “Champions League” events happen ? The calender is pretty full these days

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Been a fan of this from the start, can't see a problem with Liv players wanting to get ranking points so heading to the dpwt . Really don't care if they are doing it for selfish reasons or not.. if it's a better field the event improves.

Imagine the dpwt being the only place outside of the majors to have rahm Vs Rory for example. Good for the fans

D

Deleted member 21445

There is already events that are above the tours - they are called the Majors 🤷‍♂️

And before there were already events like the WGC

Paul McGinley for once actually made a good point

Most of the money for the events comes from the US telly market - there has never been a desire from other areas to make it “world wide” - WGC events in China struggled even with the top 70 playing because the biggest market in the sport was fast asleep.

A world tour with big money etc is never going to be financially sustainable or have the appeal - India for example it wouldn’t get near the main sports there.

And when do these “Champions League” events happen ? The calender is pretty full these days
The answers to all your questions are pretty obvious tbh.