LIV Golf

HeftyHacker

Visit site
With the time difference between the Middle East and the east coast of America I'm surprised LIV haven't considered hosting a night event anywhere.

There are courses set up for night golf that could surely be bolstered with extra floodlights if required for the event and would be great for TV in my eyes as you can really see the ballflights etc.

An event starting at 6pm in Turkey or Dubai would be 9am on the East Coast of the USA, so not unlike the current golf there and the shotgun start etc would lend itself to being finished by midnight for the after party 😉.

Would be hard for spectators at the course but hey, no one goes to them anyway.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Interesting read here, and there’s a few on this platform that possibly fit this extracted description..

“For those who don’t see the world of golf through PGA Tour-tinted spectacles – and goodness knows there are plenty who can’t see beyond PGA Tour hegemony – a world tour makes perfect sense.”

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
More like desperate measures

Quarter of a million views in just over half a day Steve, that's people that are choosing to watch it - rather than being forced to watched adverts about men who can't get an erection, on the DPWT coverage this morning.

I'd imagine the 'cost' of that YouTube video to LIV was comparative pennies as well. (y)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Quarter of a million views in just over half a day Steve, that's people that are choosing to watch it - rather than being forced to watched adverts about men who can't get an erection, on the DPWT coverage this morning.

I'd imagine the 'cost' of that YouTube video to LIV was comparative pennies as well. (y)

I’m not doubting the cost to LIV for the video 👍

The channel has 10 million subscribers, so right now I’m not sure shouting about it having 250k views is something to be proud of, likely about the standard hit rate. Will be interesting to see in a week how many views it has…..as the saying goes, time will tell.

cleveland52

Visit site
Or say that £400mil won’t change your life and you don’t need it - that way you get offered more
As we know a golf will look you in the face and lie through his teeth. About February 1st a golfer will give a press conference announcing his jump to LIV. Stating something about feeding his family blah, blah, blah.

D

Deleted member 21445

The OWGR situation for qualifying for majors is the main thing protecting the PGAT right now.

Wyndham Clark is the only player that has been rumoured who has protection in the majors.

If your going to sign for big money you're looking at a 4-5 year deal so your going to need a pathway to the majors.

Jon Rahm is gold in the majors for 5 years and his contract is till 2029 so a no brainier to take the 400, 500, 600 million.

D

Deleted member 15344

The OWGR situation for qualifying for majors is the main thing protecting the PGAT right now.

Wyndham Clark is the only player that has been rumoured who has protection in the majors.

If your going to sign for big money you're looking at a 4-5 year deal so your going to need a pathway to the majors.

Jon Rahm is gold in the majors for 5 years and his contract is till 2029 so a no brainier to take the 400, 500, 600 million.

The only thing attracting golfers to LIV is the level of money that’s been offered to players

It’s needed amounts of £400mil plus to persuade Rahm to play on LIV - what does that say about the tour , doesn’t say much about the product on offer when someone who doesn’t have to worry about entry into majors has to be paid that level of money to play on it.

Does it not say that the product is awful - which is of course close to what Rahm himself said about it

D

Deleted member 21445

The only thing attracting golfers to LIV is the level of money that’s been offered to players

It’s needed amounts of £400mil plus to persuade Rahm to play on LIV - what does that say about the tour , doesn’t say much about the product on offer when someone who doesn’t have to worry about entry into majors has to be paid that level of money to play on it.

Does it not say that the product is awful - which is of course close to what Rahm himself said about it
Bit slow replying to my post there Phil 🤣🤣🤣