LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 1147

Are we looking at a scenario where the PGAT go with the PE, and the rest of the pro game including the European Tour, get onboard with the PIF?
How would we know?
You’re the one who gets all the info.

Everyone else is just guessing.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
How would we know?
You’re the one who gets all the info.

Everyone else is just guessing.

Give it a rest James. It’s a forum - a place of discussion - I’m simply putting forwards a question based on recent developments.
I get all my info from reading what’s available to everyone else if they want to find it. If you want to point score, take up tiddlywinks or summat. (y)

D

Deleted member 1147

Give it a rest James. It’s a forum - a place of discussion - I’m simply putting forwards a question based on recent developments.
I get all my info from reading what’s available to everyone else if they want to find it. If you want to point score, take up tiddlywinks or summat. (y)
But you won’t discuss anything with anyone. You’ll just tell them they are wrong.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
But you won’t discuss anything with anyone. You’ll just tell them they are wrong.

So - could the DPWT breakaway from the PGAT, and go in with the ROW backed by PIF money, and if they did, would it be beneficial to them in the long and short term?

D

Deleted member 1147

Yes they could breakaway. Depends on contracts in place.
Yes it could be beneficial for them.
Although it could also be bad for them, in both the short and long term.

D

Deleted member 21445

Flushing It podcast says that Liv has scheduled 3 days filming promotion for Jon Rahms new team in just over 2 weeks.

You would think the team roster would need to be in place for that ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
There's a good hour of Rory here, but just set the link to share from the LIV discussion. Think it's fair to say that Rory regrets some of the things he said and the stance he took.

While there are big LIV contracts still available, does he deserve an offer? For me - sure - he's worth as much to LIV as Rahm (y)

D

Deleted member 1147

There's a good hour of Rory here, but just set the link to share from the LIV discussion. Think it's fair to say that Rory regrets some of the things he said and the stance he took.

While there are big LIV contracts still available, does he deserve an offer? For me - sure - he's worth as much to LIV as Rahm (y)

I think if LIV could get Rory it would be their biggest signing, as, behind Tiger, he's the biggest name in Golf. Getting him may even go close to making it a success in it's aim of getting the biggest names.

His idea of an IPL style event each year is a good one. Take a month, or 2, each year, preferably in the offseason, and host a series for everyone to play.

C7usk

Visit site

Cheers Mel, Really good listen. I thought he came across really well and was honest in his comments and opinions.
I think he is like the majority of us, get everyone back together and competing against each other so we can enjoy the competitive nature of the game the way we used to.
I like his IPL style idea also, have a couple of months a year, do the LIV style thing within the normal confines of the other tours.
That would appeal to both "sides" to some extent.
Definitely worth a listen..

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Cheers Mel, Really good listen. I thought he came across really well and was honest in his comments and opinions.
I think he is like the majority of us, get everyone back together and competing against each other so we can enjoy the competitive nature of the game the way we used to.
I like his IPL style idea also, have a couple of months a year, do the LIV style thing within the normal confines of the other tours.
That would appeal to both "sides" to some extent.
Definitely worth a listen..

Yeah, Rahm said the same thing about a time window like the IPL use - of course the problem with that is you'd be moving the LIV tour around the world in a very short space of time. One suggestion I've seen on Twitter is to have a couple of events at a time in certain parts of the world, so you'd do Australia and East Asia in one block, Europe in another, Americas in another - and this could tie in with what will become the signature events on the other tours. If you look at the schedule around The Open, this is kind of already in place with LIV doing Valderamma and JCB around The Open weekend.
One thing for sure - a LOT of people will be looking at the reaction to Rory's comments, and the sub reactions to those to see where the acceleration forwards with the pro game needs to be.

WGCRider

Visit site
Yeah, Rahm said the same thing about a time window like the IPL use - of course the problem with that is you'd be moving the LIV tour around the world in a very short space of time. One suggestion I've seen on Twitter is to have a couple of events at a time in certain parts of the world, so you'd do Australia and East Asia in one block, Europe in another, Americas in another - and this could tie in with what will become the signature events on the other tours. If you look at the schedule around The Open, this is kind of already in place with LIV doing Valderamma and JCB around The Open weekend.
One thing for sure - a LOT of people will be looking at the reaction to Rory's comments, and the sub reactions to those to see where the acceleration forwards with the pro game needs to be.
I do think the "moving around", while admirable, is also a weakness. It's great from the point of view of people going to the event - who doesn't want the chance to go to see the biggest events. But the larger audience is on their sofas at home. For these people having the event and more importantly the finale at the same time each week is a huge benefit. The NFL for example - you know what time the games are each week. Formula 1 try schedule the events so that they are Sunday afternoon in Europe even if this means holding it at night in the East.

If LIV has 1 or 2 events a month at different times it will always struggle to draw a consistent audience. If however it was a series of events in a short period (1-2 months) kind of like an extended Fed-ex series it might keep you tuning in next week. Y

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The 'Never had an offer' statement is interesting to me - that's something that has been reported before - but given the numbers offered to Tiger - and the rest of the players - you'd think Rory would have been approached.
However, according to a few people at LIV - there's a formula for calculating a players value, with a few percent of wiggle room to negotiate a deal over the line.

I suspect that given Rory's position publicly supporting the PGAT, and being on the board etc - he was never within the parameters of that formula.

He's effectively positioned himself, or been coerced into that position by the progress LIV has made, against the uncertainty over on the PGAT right now.

LIV now priming social media for the next signing, will be a big 'un I wonder??

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I do think the "moving around", while admirable, is also a weakness. It's great from the point of view of people going to the event - who doesn't want the chance to go to see the biggest events. But the larger audience is on their sofas at home. For these people having the event and more importantly the finale at the same time each week is a huge benefit. The NFL for example - you know what time the games are each week. Formula 1 try schedule the events so that they are Sunday afternoon in Europe even if this means holding it at night in the East.

If LIV has 1 or 2 events a month at different times it will always struggle to draw a consistent audience. If however it was a series of events in a short period (1-2 months) kind of like an extended Fed-ex series it might keep you tuning in next week. Y

Formula 1 ?

There's more than 1 reason LIV is shotgun start, and one of them is it fits into a much shorter broadcast window, meaning it has increased flexibility to suit many global viewers.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
The 'Never had an offer' statement is interesting to me - that's something that has been reported before - but given the numbers offered to Tiger - and the rest of the players - you'd think Rory would have been approached.
However, according to a few people at LIV - there's a formula for calculating a players value, with a few percent of wiggle room to negotiate a deal over the line.

I suspect that given Rory's position publicly supporting the PGAT, and being on the board etc - he was never within the parameters of that formula.

He's effectively positioned himself, or been coerced into that position by the progress LIV has made, against the uncertainty over on the PGAT right now.

LIV now priming social media for the next signing, will be a big 'un I wonder??

Well he said he'd never had an offer but moments later said it had never got that far - I interpreted it as he'd been approached but never received an offer as he'd rejected the approach immediately.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Well he said he'd never had an offer but moments later said it had never got that far - I interpreted it as he'd been approached but never received an offer as he'd rejected the approach immediately.
The LiV cheerleaders don’t seem to have grasped that ‘never had an offer’ doesn’t mean he was never approached.

Rory would have been number 2 on their shopping list after the big cat.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Brooks and Jena seem to be trying to allude to being ITK with the Rory situation.

Gonna stick my neck out and make a prediction that Nike are getting onboard with Rory and Brooks as there 2 star men. Probably completely wrong of course.... 😂