LIV Golf

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Understandable. Theyre a British team, and I am assuming you are British.

I still think you are in the minority though.

When I first started watching F1 I picked a team with a British driver and followed that team going forward irrespective. I think it is the case that if there is not a team with a big connection to you then there has to be one factor that draws you to it.

On the subject of manufacturer teams in LIV, there are enough golfers who are fans of a particular brand above all to get the initial levels of support going.

Interestingly, if the teams were manufacturer led, you could see more investment from them and less from PIF going forward.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
When I first started watching F1 I picked a team with a British driver and followed that team going forward irrespective. I think it is the case that if there is not a team with a big connection to you then there has to be one factor that draws you to it.

On the subject of manufacturer teams in LIV, there are enough golfers who are fans of a particular brand above all to get the initial levels of support going.

Interestingly, if the teams were manufacturer led, you could see more investment from them and less from PIF going forward.
who was the driver you picked?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

I don’t think he is. There are a lot of F1 fans who support a team. And a lot who are just a fan of the sport.

I support any team that’s not RedBull or Ferrari 🤣

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site

In the mid 1980s, they were virtually all British except Ferrari and Minardi. I picked them because Nigel Mansell was driving (and winning) in a Williams when I started watching. Now, I'm not too fussed who's driving, I still support them. I'm not saying the same will happen for me with a LIV team, but I'm a cynical middle-aged bloke. If I was twelve again, just getting into a sport, maybe I'd be supporting the Crushers just because I love Bryson.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I think the team golf concept is the one significant differentiator for Liv (aside from oodles of cash) but don’t feel they’ve got it right yet.

Possibly the reason for that is they’re hedging between team and “conventional” individual comps. Maybe they should lean harder into the teams and remove the individual aspect completely?
If over the days, have an individual with teams getting points, a team stroke play foresoms with points then on the Sunday matchplay bracketed based on the standings of day 1 and 2

Visit site
Take out the anomaly of 2020, and Kalle averages 25 tournaments per year for the 4 full years he’s had on the DPWT.

Imagine how much time he’s spent away from home in that time - his reaction above says it all.
He’ll make enough in just one year on LIV, to never have to sacrifice that family time again - a life changing for days for him.
Fantastic.

His career earnings surpass £2m, why are you talking about it like he’s been forced to clean toilets for 5p a day in a slum by the DPWT 😂

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
His career earnings surpass £2m, why are you talking about it like he’s been forced to clean toilets for 5p a day in a slum by the DPWT 😂

I didn't mention anything about money mate - just the amount of time he's had to commit to being away from his family in order to try and earn a decent lifestyle for them.
He no longer has to do that, if he chooses.

D

Deleted member 21445

And so the mutiny within the PGAT ranks begins and one player is a Masters Champion.

A reminder to the policy board that their job is not to look after the top 5% but all of their members.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212_185004_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231212_185004_X.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20231212_185020_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231212_185020_X.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 43

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
And so the mutiny within the PGAT ranks begins and one player is a Masters Champion.

A reminder to the policy board that their job is not to look after the top 5% but all of their members.

I guess you've got a bit of inside info on this through your bro as to how the lower ranked players feel?
I see NLU amongst others are referring them as mules. Nice of them that.:unsure:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I didn't mention anything about money mate - just the amount of time he's had to commit to being away from his family in order to try and earn a decent lifestyle for them.
He no longer has to do that, if he chooses.

What did you mean when you said “he will make enough in 1 year on LIV” then?

He’ll have a much easier life on LIV absolutely, and will earn a lot more cash for the trouble.

BiMGuy

Visit site

Thats a less impressive list of players than the LiV qualifier 🤣

Willet is the odd one out being a previous Masters champ, but has done bugger all since. The rest of them could be replaced without anyone noticing by Kornferry players.

Hahn has been desperately trying to get someone from LiV to notice him for some time. He’s almost as embarrassing as Scott Hend.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Thats a less impressive list of players than the LiV qualifier 🤣

Willet is the odd one out being a previous Masters champ, but has done bugger all since. The rest of them could be replaced without anyone noticing by Kornferry players.

Hahn has been desperately trying to get someone from LiV to notice him for some time. He’s almost as embarrassing as Scott Hend.
Should it matter if you all work for the same organisation?
This is where it can fall down when working for big organisations.
They want to treat you all equally but clearly don’t.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Should it matter if you all work for the same organisation?
This is where it can fall down when working for big organisations.
They want to treat you all equally but clearly don’t.
Life doesn’t work like that.

No one is paying to see those players. They are are easily replaced, the top players are the ones generating the money, same on LiV and the DPWT.

To claim they are the lifeblood of the tour is a massive overestimate of their importance.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Life doesn’t work like that.

No one is paying to see those players. They are are easily replaced, the top players are the ones generating the money, same on LiV and the DPWT.

To claim they are the lifeblood of the tour is a massive overestimate of their importance.
It’s not an issue if everyone gets some money, basically redistribution of it so everyone gets a share, even if the better ranked players get more, it’s just the fact they get nothing.