LIV Golf

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Who owned LIV?

Who now controls world golf?
PIF.

PIF has a voice in the PGAT.

I am not saying the Saudis or PIF have failed. PIF LIV.

If you are now saying your allegiance/support is for the Saudis and their sovereign wealth fund, then sure, they are in the game in a big way. LIV just one business failure, and that is sucked up as the win some lose some of big business.

But I think its fair to say that throughout this discussion, you would have put yourself forward as a supporter of LIV specifically : limited field, shotgun, youtube, wider than USA locations, louder, shorts/casual/ attract da kidz, etc.

Not that you were a PIF supporter. And only by extension, a LIV supporter. So is that what you really are - a PIF supporter ?

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
PIF.

PIF has a voice in the PGAT.

I am not saying Saudis or PIF have failed. PIF not equal LIV.

If you are now saying you allegiance/support if for the Saudis and their sovereign wealth fund, then sure, they are in the game in a big way. LIV just one business failure, and that is sucked up as the win some lose some of big business.

But I think its fair to say that throughout this discussion, you would have put yourself forward as a supporter of LIV specifically : limited field, shotgun, youtube, wider than USA locations, louder, shorts/casual/ attract da kidz, etc.

Not that you were a PIF supporter. And only by extension, a LIV supporter. So is that what you really are - a PIF supporter ?

Ha ha. Absolutely not.
I'm an advocate of having the game played by world class players, across the planet, in varying formats that appeal to something beyond 65 year old males.

And that's what we're gonna end up with.

wjemather

Visit site

So this is the guy who was behind sorting the merger - seems a good source

When you add in Monahans remarks about seeing what they wlll do with LIV
Yeah, a PGA Tour policy board member is probably not biased in any way, and certainly won't be inclined to present the deal as entirely favourable to the organisation he works for. Give over.

I'd be more inclined to listen to the guy who holds the purse strings, as ultimately he'll be the one making any decisions on the future of LIV.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah, a PGA Tour policy board member is probably not biased in any way, and certainly won't be inclined to present the deal as entirely favourable to the organisation he works for. Give over.

I'd be more inclined to listen to the guy who holds the purse strings, as ultimately he'll be the one making any decisions on the future of LIV.

Dunne is trying to cool some hot heads, that's all..

D

Deleted member 15344

So being on the board he will know what’s going on then 🤷‍♂️

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Mel, I'm in my 30's and I believe in the traditional format as the true test of golf. Not some 54 hole no cut exhibition.

Hope this helps.

Do you play a lot of 72 hole comps then?
The reality is, the true test of golf can be anything you want it to be...

If you think it's 72 holes, fair enough.
I think most people would agree that the majority of golfers compete in 18 hole events..

If there was an 18 hole event, with top players playing for a good prize, it would make awesome viewing.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
LiV bots on Twitter are going into meltdown. Lots of clutching at straws and slinging mud and attacking everyone. It’s quite amusing. It just highlights where the toxicity in all this came from.

The spin is making people dizzy.

D

Deleted member 15344

Come now. Surely you are not naïve enough to think he's going to be entirely open an honest when speaking in public.

Why not 🤷‍♂️

would take his word over the half a dozen journalists and “sources” that are saying lots right now

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you play a lot of 72 hole comps then?
The reality is, the true test of golf can be anything you want it to be...

If you think it's 72 holes, fair enough.
I think most people would agree that the majority of golfers compete in 18 hole events..

If there was an 18 hole event, with top players playing for a good prize, it would make awesome viewing.

I agree, I'd watch that.

If I was going to criticise LIV, apart from the usual criticisms, it's that they didn't go far enough when they wanted to be different from the PGA Tour events. 54 hole stroke play wasn't enough of a difference. In my opinion they should've really gone for it and had different formats for different events. Have a mixed foursomes tournament and a 4 man Texas Scramble. Personally I would love to see four of the best golfers in the world tee it up in a scramble to see what sort of ridiculous score they could shoot between them, or watch Koepka and Nelly Korda in an alternate shot format.

D

Deleted member 1147

I agree, I'd watch that.

If I was going to criticise LIV, apart from the usual criticisms, it's that they didn't go far enough when they wanted to be different from the PGA Tour events. 54 hole stroke play wasn't enough of a difference. In my opinion they should've really gone for it and had different formats for different events. Have a mixed foursomes tournament and a 4 man Texas Scramble. Personally I would love to see four of the best golfers in the world tee it up in a scramble to see what sort of ridiculous score they could shoot between them, or watch Koepka and Nelly Korda in an alternate shot format.
Agreed.
In reality all they became was “Golf but less than before”