LIV Golf

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The official statement from Monahan to the players is the message

They will evaluate LIV and see what they can do

The events will continue for 2023 but will prob stop after

LIV itself it seems didn’t even know it was happening hence why Norman hasn’t said a thing

PIF wanted to be in golf - they prob were sold an idea and it’s not worked .

There was a rumour that PIF wanted a way out of LIV and here it is , spend the money investing in the PGAT , they jump on the board along with Monahan etc and they have achieved their aim - all the stuff that Norman dreamed up can just fade away

Players will rejoin either the PGAT tour or ET - the ones on contracts will get a little pay packet and it will be back to how it was 2 years ago
So is all of that just a take or are you actually in the know?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Really difficult to know what to make of it all.

Who's in charge now of the Tour now? Is it the Saudis and they'll just employ a white face to do their bidding? Is it just 1 tour, or 2, or 3?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really difficult to know what to make of it all.

Who's in charge now of the Tour now? Is it the Saudis and they'll just employ a white face to do their bidding? Is it just 1 tour, or 2, or 3?

Reminds me of the Simpsons when tom hanks was hired

"The US government has lost all credibility so is borrowing some of mine"

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Hilarious....absolutely hilarious
It's like Xmas day and April fools day all rolled into one

Jay must be choking on humble pie right now
Some of his interviews slating Saudi, money, regime.....crazy to think he's jumped into bed with the enemy like that
I'm sure that he will be comfortable in his retirement.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It clearly couldnt survive. People laughed when I said LIV had to fold their tent. The PGAT holding on to the crown jewels, and LIV just not prising enough talent away from them to be a credible top tour was the turning point. PGAT held all the card and LIV selling out to the them probably as good a cut and run as they could get. Jay in charge. Money injection for everyone. And PGAT now fully in control of the European Tour as well.
Its a big big win for them.
And great for golf.