LIV Golf

Swango1980

Visit site
Apart from breaking the news, Mel has been very quiet here. Makes me think he really is Greg Norman, and he has been quiet ever since it dawned on him his name hasn't been mentioned on any of the official statements :)

Desperately making phone calls as we speak

Springveldt

Visit site
Just imagine the amount of money Tiger and Rory turned down only for the PGA Tour to be bought out anyway. I think I’d maybe do some physical harm to Monaghan if I were them.

D

Deleted member 15344

They have clearly said in the statement that the team element is to be incorporated in the new tour..
Have to wait and see what else is going to be fused together and in what way.

“After two years of disruption and distraction, this is a historic day for the game we all know and love,” PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan said. “This transformational partnership recognizes the immeasurable strength of the PGA Tour’s history, legacy and pro-competitive model and combines with it the DP World Tour and LIV — including the team golf concept — to create an organization that will benefit golf’s players, commercial and charitable partners and fans.
The official statement from Monahan to the players is the message

They will evaluate LIV and see what they can do

The events will continue for 2023 but will prob stop after

LIV itself it seems didn’t even know it was happening hence why Norman hasn’t said a thing

PIF wanted to be in golf - they prob were sold an idea and it’s not worked .

There was a rumour that PIF wanted a way out of LIV and here it is , spend the money investing in the PGAT , they jump on the board along with Monahan etc and they have achieved their aim - all the stuff that Norman dreamed up can just fade away

Players will rejoin either the PGAT tour or ET - the ones on contracts will get a little pay packet and it will be back to how it was 2 years ago

seochris

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There are huge commercial and money issues to sort out and as usual with all these type of things the devil is in the detail so there is a load to flow under this particular bridge before it all gets sorted out. A I think its going to be 'as you were' for a while yet! Could be wrong though....money can smooth out a lot of wrinkles!

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely the players will still be part of 'PGA' or 'LIV' but just be able to move seamlessly between the two? Otherwise, I cannot see how the team element continues to function anyway, they can't assign a team to everybody on the entire PGA tour surely? I'd have thought they continue to have PGA style events and LIV style events at various times, giving players the option to pick which events they play?

Otherwise - it just seems like the Saudis just bought the PGA Tour. 🤷‍♂️

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The official statement from Monahan to the players is the message

They will evaluate LIV and see what they can do

The events will continue for 2023 but will prob stop after

LIV itself it seems didn’t even know it was happening hence why Norman hasn’t said a thing

PIF wanted to be in golf - they prob were sold an idea and it’s not worked .

There was a rumour that PIF wanted a way out of LIV and here it is , spend the money investing in the PGAT , they jump on the board along with Monahan etc and they have achieved their aim - all the stuff that Norman dreamed up can just fade away

I think LIV opened the door. That’s all they had to do. A few billion to get their foot in the door is a drop in the ocean for PIF.

They’ll look at it as money well spent to achieve what they have now.

Safe to say though - Norman’s gone 😂 may continue to be in charge of the LIV aspect for this year but going forward we probably see less and less of him.

Swango1980

Visit site
Did the PGAT team up with families of victims of 9/11 when they were on the full LIV attack? I seem to remember a joint letter written by those families expressing their outrage.

I think those families may have a new enemy today?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Did the PGAT team up with families of victims of 9/11 when they were on the full LIV attack? I seem to remember a joint letter written by those families expressing their outrage.

I think those families may have a new enemy today?
Some serious backtracking incoming me thinks 😬